❈Scaramouche❈

✦ I should be doing homework but instead I got a random inspiration to write. ✦

﹂

╔═.✾. ═════════════
"What do you think you're doing?" I scowled at the lower ranked Fatui. They were currently making a scene and I wasn't going to sit around and let them waste time.

"W-we apologize-" I cut them off.

"I don't need your useless apologies," I said with a glare. "Make sure this won't happen again, I won't be so nice next time."

With that I walked away. These useless idiots really had no idea how important it is to follow through with what the Tsaritsa wants.

"You certainly have a way with words," A snide voice spoke out. I recognized that voice.

Turning back around I grit my teeth and bit back my tongue, "Balladeer." I lowered my head in respect. Now I may hate the short man, but he was still my superior. "I would like to mention that your methods tend to be more extreme than mine."

"Yet you still can't find it in yourself to not talk back," He sneered. "You should watch your tongue before it gets you killed."

I smirked as I looked into his amethyst eyes, "Perhaps, but it hasn't yet."

"Tch," Scaramouche grumbled, crossing his arms. "Just give me your report on the delusions and we can end this meaningless conversation."

I knew better though. After all, he seeked me out, and his cover was obviously my report. My relationship with the Balladeer was...confusing to most people. The other Fatui thought we hated each other, which wasn't inherently wrong. The little gremlin got on my nerves, but there's some connection between us, where I feel a certain fondness for him. I was Scaramouche's right hand person, and Tartaglia wasn't letting either of us down.

I nodded and followed Scaramouche into his office. Sitting across from him I went to start going over my report but he suddenly cut me off.

"Shut up," He spoke out harshly.

I tilted my head in slight confusion, "Did you not want my report? Isn't that exactly why you called for me?"

"Did you not hear me you fool?"

So to get on his nerves I followed what he said and just blinked at him 'innocently'. Leaning back in my chair I waited for him to speak first. Instead of saying anything he picked up a stack of papers and started to do his work. Okay now I'm really confused, why did he want me here if all he's going to do is work?

I truly wasn't expecting this outcome. I felt awkward now, not exactly sure how I should proceed. During my thought process I didn't realize that I was staring at Scaramouche dumbly.

"What?" He asked, not looking up from his paperwork.

"...well I'm confused as to what you want me to do," I responded hesitantly.

Letting out an annoyed sigh he glared up at me, "I don't like repeating myself."

"So you just want me to sit here and do nothing?" I questioned, not understanding why.

"Just leave if you aren't going to stop your useless yammering," He replied looking down. I couldn't help but notice that his cheeks seemed to be colored a pink hue.

Then it all clicked. A smirk made it's way onto my face. I don't mind this situation then. Standing up I made my way to his bookshelf and grabbed a book I thought looked interesting.

With that, we both enjoyed each others company while doing our own thing. I lost track of time, but I was brought out of my own world when a knock was heard at the door.

"Enter," Scaramouche said, I could tell he was a little sour that our moment has been ruined.

"Sorry for interrupting Lord Scaramouche," They said with a bow. "But we need Commander (l/n)."

Marking my place in the book I stood up and spoke to the Fatui agent, "You're dismissed." They left with a nod. I set the book on Scaramouche's desk, "We can continue this another time." I walked over to his side and pressed a kiss to his cheek.

I felt my pride swell when his cheeks blossomed into a deep shade of red. I went to leave but he grabbed my wrist, pulling me towards him. He placed his other hand on the back of my neck and dragged my face down towards his, effectively pushing his lips onto mine in fervor. I kissed back in surprise and slowly closed my eyes. I could feel my lips swell with how harsh he kissed me. Pulling away I took in a deep breath, staring into his eyes which were filled with various emotions.

"Don't speak of this to anyone," His words sounded harsh, but his eyes gave away a hint of softness.

"Yes sir," I replied with a smirk.
╚═════════════.✾. ═