CHAPTER 1

~EMILY~

"Hey Vee, how do I look?" I said blushing furiously.

"Parker is coming isn't he?" Vee asked uninterestedly.

"Yeah I actually-"

"Cut the crap Em, you've been crushing on Parker since grade 8 and yet you've never said a word to him." Vee said glaring at me playfully.

Since I met Vee, she hasn't stopped teasing me about Parker. Vee and I met in eighth grade when she found me writing an anonymous love letter to Parker.

Crazy right?! I know.

"Oh stop it Vee. What am I supposed to talk to him about? Hey Parker, how was detention?" I asked as I arched my brows in confusion.

"Well, I'm going to do something and you're not going to like it." Vee said smirking wickedly

Oh no! I know that look she wants to-

Vee bumped into me and I ended up hitting a rock hard chest, I immediately touched his abs as I closed my eyes waiting for some sort of small talk but got none.

"You done?" A deep voice asked.

The voice sent shivers down my spine as I looked up only to be met with a pale green pair of eyes piercing into mine. For a moment it was like the whole world stopped as we stared into our eyes.

He suddenly gripped my hand and yanked it from his chest.

"Stop." Vee said as she confidently walked up to us. His eyes snapped from my eyes to Vee's.

"Em has something to say to you." Vee said smiling innocently as Parker turned and faced me.

"You do?" He asked as his voice brought me to my knees.

"Um.. maybe, I do. Do I?" I stuttered.

"Talk will you!" He snapped as looked sexy as hell.

I gained my composure and said,"Parker..."

I sighed.

"I like you. A lot. I've liked you since grade 8 and I find you very attractive, amusing and amazing. I find it difficult to breathe steadily when I'm around you." I said and closed my eyes.

"You're just so perfect. I love your frown and the last time you smiled was in tenth grade when you got a call from the school author-"

"Shut up." Parker thundered furiously as he took predatory steps towards me.

I looked at him with hope in my eyes. This is a dream come true.

"Shut up!"

"Shut up Emily! Shut up and kiss me!"

Instead I heard,

"Don't you ever try this nonsense with me. Don't tell me when last I smiled, stop stalking me. Hell I do not like you neither do I think of you as anything other than a high classed bitch who thinks she has the whole world at the tip of her fingers."

"Get used to it, the world does not revolve around you and it never will hun? Never ever step into my way Perkins, never. Or you 'd regret it."

"Do you think because you've got the brains and the money you can just walk over people? Open your eyes to the real world bitch."

"And for the irritating speech you just said, I think we all need mattresses because it sounds like a nursery rhyme. My answer is no, because in life.." He moved closer to me.

"You can't always get what you want." He said and walked away like nothing just happened.

"Here, don't cry. Its all my fault." Vee said as she handed me an handkerchief.

I hadn't even  noticed I was crying. I just embarrassed myself and got rejected in front of one-quarter of the school.

I'm very sure that before the end of today everyone in Bells Academy will be aware.

In an attempt to run away from shame and humiliation someone grabbed my hand.