CHAPTER 12

There she was, my Emily, sprawled on the floor naked, looking lifeless, pale face, white knuckles, red patches on her skin, damp hair, water still flowing on her body that laid on the ground not moving.

N  O  A  H    B  E  L  L  S

To move was a big problem for me.

I failed.

I picked her up and checked her pulse. She was breathing, slowly.

I dried her and dressed her, knowing that she'd rather not have random people see her nudity.

I carried her in bridal style, picked her keys and drove her to the nearest hospital.

I called my aunt, Aunt Rachael. Aunt Rachael is a doctor her and she has known Emily since we were kids.

She adores Emily very much. She always gushes about how honoured she felt talking to the one person that has got the brains and beauty that doesn't bare Noah Bells.

She was also the first person I told about the feelings I had developed for Emily.

"Noah what happened to Em?" Aunt Rachael asked her voice laced with worry.

"I don't know." I said and sighed with defeated as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Calm down she'd be fine." Aunt Rachael said reassuringly.

"Can I see her?" I asked and Aunt Rachael nodded leading the way.

"She'll be up soon."

"Okay. Please don't tell her I brought her here." I pleaded with my aunt.

"Another fight?" She asked.

"A big one this time. I'll tell you later." I said and walked into her room.

She laid on the bed unmoving. It reminded me of the sight I saw some hours ago and it made my heart clench badly.

She had an oxygen mask covering her nose as her hair sprawled on the pillow. She had a red mark on her right cheek that had started fading.

I gave her my final glance and turned around to go when I heard...

"Please stop." She said and I turned back only to see wetness around her eyes.

"Parker please..  I-I can't. Please stop. Please.. I.. I be-beg you." She said sobbing now as her eyes flutter open.

I walked towards her and held her hand.

Let her know you are always going to be with her.

She looked into my eyes for some seconds and burst into fresh tears.

I didn't want to overstep my boundaries by cuddling or cradling her. Instead, I stuck to holding her hand.

She looked at me with guilt and relief as she hugged me and continued sobbing.

I stiffened to her touch at first but I gradually relaxed and patted her back. Intentionally not hugging back.

Don't let a girl you like know you like her. And if she does, act a bit uptoght around her so she can feel free to talk to you.

I smiled at the memory.

She sobbed until she drifted off. I grabbed a pen and a sticky pad and wrote,

I have to teach Parker a lesson. See you at 21:00

                                       -Noah Bells.
I yanked it off the sticky and placed it on a table.

I walked out of the hospital in fury as the words followed me.

"Parker please..  I-I can't. Please stop. Please.. I.. I be-beg you."

I let out a pained groan as I ran my hand through my hair.

"Tell me, what happened. Now!"

I looked around only to find a confused looking Aunt Rachael.