{3¹³} {BLOOD RED GUNMETAL}

∆ {3¹³} {BLOOD RED GUNMETAL} 

BOTH OF THEM had gone back to sleep after the incident. It wasn't, by any account, undisturbed, and ghosts still haunted their dormant mind, but it was better than either of them had had in a long time. Roxi woke up feeling well rested, despite having been up late, and then waking up even later, and the butterflies at the pit of her stomach danced, bringing her a slightly euphoric feeling as she remembered what had happened after her breakdown. 

She tried to ignore that in itself. It wasn't a pleasant feeling, the pure terror, the panic she had felt still ghosted at the back of her find, but if she focused on the silver lining, somehow, it pushed the shadows away. 

Roxi smiled at Natasha's still sleeping form, deciding the redhead needed it; she had still been awake when Roxi had dozed off the previous night. Instead, she slipped out of the room and downstairs to the kitchen, even as the sun was still rising, to brew a pot of coffee. Clint was throwing darts, and Tony and Steve stood just outside the building, probably arguing about something tiny.  She ducked under Clint's throw as she arrived in the small kitchen, putting the kettle on to boil before she turned around to acknowledge him.

"Did you have a good sleep?" He asked, smirking at her as he threw another dart. It hit bullseye, even if he wasn't looking.

"It was quite good, thank you," she replied, choosing to ignore his implications, and just watch him constantly hit the red. 

"Well, I'm glad to hear it," Clint played along, as if he never had any other intentions to begin with. 

"How's the kid?" Roxi asked, as the kettle finished boiling.

"Which one?" Clint scoffed slightly, waving his right hand around, holding a dart, but after a look from Roxi, he answered properly.

"It's going pretty well. Don't think there's anything wrong happening. We did find out that they're a boy, though." Roxi smiled slightly, looking at the two mugs of coffee she'd made.

"Ah, shame. Nat's gonna be bummed," she smirked at him slightly, before retreating back up the stairs. She glared slightly at both Tony and Steve, who'd paused their conversation to look through the window at what she and Clint were doing. She didn't see their response, the view being replaced by the pastel blue wallpaper of the staircase. It was almost calming, the freshness of the colour, and it was a change from the grey of weapons and the red of blood. Her mind was occupied by a soft, prismatic field of colours, a slightly wistful look on her face as she retreated back into her and Natasha's room.

Luckily, the redhead was out of bed, in the bathroom when Roxi came back in. She wasn't sure what she'd have done if Natasha was still sleeping, especially because she didn't want to wake the woman up.

"I brought coffee," Roxi called gently, setting it on Natasha's bedside table, waiting for the other woman to come back into the main room. The colours had slowly begun to dissipate now, in a way that felt as if they were simply clouds being torn apart by invisible claws.

"I thought you didn't like coffee," Natasha said through the door, though Roxi could barely hear her over the fan that was going, but the slightly teasing tone wasn't lost to the noise.

"I don't. But, Clint has an aversion to tea, so it's the best thing I could find," Roxi explained matter-of-factly, just hearing the quiet chuckle form the next room. It made another smile creep onto her face; she was glad that she was able to make Natasha happy. There was a knock on the door a moment later, disturbing her from her general satisfaction, forcing her to get up and trudge over to see who it was. Before she opened it, she let the cold mask of calm she normally had on slip over her face, the smile disappearing easily, as if it had simply been wiped off. She wasn't too surprised to see Steve, though the man looked almost uncomfortably nervous.