{5¹⁰} {SNAP}

∆ {5¹⁰} {SNAP} ∆

THE BATTLEFIELD, BY this point, was utter carnage. As Roxi trailed Wanda towards where Vision seemed to be, she found herself awkwardly avoiding bodies and hopping over ditches that held large puddles of purple - blue and red blood mixed. The crude weapon she'd made was heavy in her hand, as her breath was in her chest, and her thoughts were in her head. The beginning was chaos.

She spit out a rude word in Spanish, glancing after Wanda who'd simply flown over the chaos, wishing in that moment that she could simply fly and avoid all this mud and blood and guts. She'd be able to avoid the falling that kept popping up too - finally.

"Everyone, on my position, we have incoming." Steve's command was just that, and Roxi immediately sped up as she found an easier path of raised earth that acted like stepping-stones among the sea of violence.

"I'm on my way," she replied, though stopped for a moment as a thought occurred to her, and set off again a moment later, hoping that it was the right call. If it wasn't, well, hopefully it wouldn't have too much impact on the outcome of the battle. She arrived in the clearing, Natasha a few seconds behind her, and the pair of them stood shoulder to shoulder, examining the clearing.

Roxi felt it before anything else happened. The disturbance in the air, the shift, the sudden cold and lastly - the fear. It came even after Roxi felt the metal gauntlet that the titan wore on his hand, of the same kind that Thor's axe was, but somehow drenched in a slow, thick, dripping feeling that instantly reminded Roxi nauseatingly of blood.

Then the portal started opening, and Roxi drew in one last long, deep breath, before she turned to face her inevitable fate. Thanos was massive. Purple, wearing metal plated armour and nothing other than apathy on his face, he faced them.

"Cap, that's him."

"Eyes up, stay sharp." The titan merely walked forwards slowly as Bruce ran at him, the Hulkbuster suit marred with scrapes and dents, and missing an entire arm. Roxi simply regarded him at first, waiting, watching. Initially she hadn't moved because she'd felt the barrier she'd placed through the treeline take a few hits - a pair of simple lines that would cut through any metal that hit them. Not entirely efficient, as it would likely leave many of the creatures alive, but effective.

She watched with a cruel fascination as Thanos used the stones to take care of her teammates, not truly hurting them, just stopping them from interfering. Something about the stones that were nestled in the gauntlet had caught her attention. She managed to drag herself out of her stupor fairly quickly, and let out a short sound of annoyance that she'd allowed herself to become distracted so easily, and faced Thanos, examining his armour once again before she did anything.

She began squeezing, slowly at first, around his chest, hoping to impair his breathing, and when that didn't seem to work, she simply held the metal he wore in place. She could feel the strain beginning to nag at her, the toll of the barrier and keeping the titan still. He raised his hand with the gauntlet, probably planning to wave her away as he had the others, but instead found that his hand too, froze in place.

It was he who watched her curiously now, the woman with icy eyes, a stone-masked face and a power that actually seemed to have some worth against him. Perhaps this task would be more interesting than he had previously thought.

Roxi's resolve was wavering. She could hear Wanda and Vision behind her, bidding their goodbyes. She just had to hold until that damned stone was gone, the one that had caused all the issues in the first place. But she felt it as Wanda began to pour her energy into the Mind Stone, and she realised that somehow she had forgotten to tell the team about the potential consequence of its destruction. But she couldn't stop them now, not when they were so close.