{1²} {NO REST FOR THE WICKED}

∆ {1²} {NO REST FOR THE WICKED} ∆

ROXI WASN'T SURE how long she'd been out when she woke up. She did know that the plane would be landing soon because she had that funny feeling in her ears that you get whenever you descend from a high altitude. She also knew that she felt a lot better than she had before because her head no longer felt faint and her vision was clear. She reached up to her right shoulder to assess the wound but was relieved when she found minimal pain in each shoulder. S.H.I.E.L.D must've applied some kind of painkiller and disinfectant while she was out.

She sat up properly, glancing around the cargo hold of the Quinjet, making sure nothing was out of place. A few low-level agents scurrying around, completing the tasks they were set, but other than that, everything was quiet and normal. Roxi quickly grabbed her bag and went through it, making sure nothing had been removed and that the bag hadn't been searched. To her relief, everything was exactly as she left it. She stood up, the bag in her hand, and peered out of the cockpit to see an aircraft carrier a few hundred feet away that would no doubt be their destination.

She pulled her brown hair up into a ponytail as the helicarrier drew closer, a hand shooting out for balance as the jet stopped and slowly lowered onto the flight deck. Roxi let out a slight breath of relief as she felt the wheels come into contact with the tarmac because although she wasn't scared of heights, she preferred to have both feet on the ground. She walked down the ramp onto the deck, breathing in the fresh air, smelling salt from the ocean around them, waiting for someone to tell her what to do. 

She'd been on the helicarrier before, but not for a year and a half as she had been operating in Spain semi-independently, with Fury's knowledge of course. She remembered mostly where things were, but a quick refresh wouldn't go amiss either. Roxi made her way across the deck and down below the surface of the ship, looking for someone to show her to her room. She quickly found an Agent who she knew, and who made very nice cups of tea. She preferred tea to coffee, as she found coffee too bitter to drink, though if it was an option, she'd go for a shot of vodka. Once she'd thanked the Agent and been shown to her assigned room, she immediately scouted the place for bugs and cameras. She found a few of each, but she expected nothing less of S.H.I.E.L.D, in fact, it comforted her slightly that they were there. She set her bag down next to her bed, but not before tucking the black notebook and her photo album underneath the mattress and picking up the wolf keyring to mess around with in case she got bored.

Roxi headed back up onto the flight deck, where the Agent said Phil Coulson's jet would be landing shortly, eager to see her friend after more than two years. She emerged onto the deck just in time to see a Quinjet land, though there was now another one there as well that must've landed while she was downstairs. She walked forwards as the ramp lowered, smiling as she heard Coulson's voice, watching him walk down the ramp with none other than Captain America. A few paces in front of her, a redhead was making her way to the same place as she was. The redhead drew to a stop as Phil introduced them.

"Agent Romanoff, Captain Rogers." Romanoff? She was the agent from the phone and she'd heard Fury mention her a few times in praise (or as close as the Director could get to it).

"Ma'am," the Captain greeted.

"Hi," she responded. Romanoff looked like she was going to say something else, but Roxi wanted to say hi to Coulson before he was sent off somewhere.

"Phil, it's been a while," she said, walking up to the side of the redhead who turned to look at her. 

"Agent Ryder! It's good to see you again!" He addressed her, but before he could say anything else, Romanoff completed her sentence.