{3¹⁹} {ARTIFICIAL INQUISITIVITY}

∆ {3¹⁹} {ARTIFICIAL INQUISITIVITY} ∆

IT WAS STRANGELY picturesque. The red humanoid floated in front of one of the massive windows, staring into its own reflected eyes, partially silhouetted by the web of golden lights that carefully blanketed the city of New York, the dark sky highlighting the contrast even further. Around her, the other Avengers, Wanda, and Pietro were making their way down to the level that Roxi stood on as she kept her icy gaze on the robot's red back. She wasn't just going to trust this thing; she had a lot of reasons why she shouldn't, and Roxi knew she needed to keep a close eye on it. It turned around a moment later, as Thor set down his hammer and Pietro and Bruce arrived to the rest of them, every single set of eyes in the room on it as it floated over to them.

"I'm sorry, that was.. odd." It had a typically English accent, not sounding too dissimilar from JARVIS as it supplied an excuse for its actions, its robotic eyes turning to Thor. It seemed intrigued by Thor's regal look, because it generated a cloak a moment later, only causing Roxi's mistrust for it to deepen. How had it simply created something from thin air? From the little she remembered, though that wasn't much, it was against the rules of science to make something, to produce it from nothing. She didn't know enough about it to know if it was a threat, and that unnerved her. 

"Thor, You helped create this?" Steve asked incredulously, his stoic expression only giving away a small amount of shock, though his tone portrayed exactly what he was feeling.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life, and at its centre, is that," Thor returned firmly, ending his sentence by pointing at the amber stone imbedded in the robot's head. Roxi sucked in a low, long breath as she moved her eyes up to its forehead, knowing that all this would end in a fight. She knew which one she'd be on, but if this robot chose differently, their battle would be a lot harder to win.

"What, the gem?" Bruce questioned, taking a few steps forwards, looking confused but intruiged by Thor's confession, as Roxi mulled over their vague chances in war in her mind.

"It's the mind stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities."

"Then why would you bring it here?" Steve asked, clearly keen to be more filled in on what was happening. Roxi would've rather been more in the loop too, but seeing as no-one around her had noticed her until she stopped a robot from going through Tony's windows, she wasn't sure she'd get the explanation she needed.

"Because Stark is right." Thor's statement interrupted the question before it, the god's voice set, his expression determined as the whole room listened in silence to the conversation.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce had probably been trying to lighten the mood, but by the way no-one reacted, Roxi knew that the situation was far to serious for jokes. Her realisation from when they'd been at Clint's farm was beginning to weigh heavily on her again. If they failed, the consequences would be quite literally disastrous, most probably bringing about the end of the human race, and killing almost every living thing on the planet. Then there would only be metal, the robots that Ultron had created, remaking it the way he wished, with no regard to the world he'd left behind, the people he'd killed, the planet he'd destroyed.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor's words only backed up the battle in Roxi's mind, half of which was staying as calm and collected as she seemed on the outside, but the other half was a raging storm emotions slamming against her skull, as if desperate to simply gush and flow out of her, to let the people around her see her walls be washed away on that turbulent tide.

"Not alone," the humanoid corrected, taking a step forward as its strange eyes scanned over the ragtag group of people before it, resting its gaze on Roxi for slightly longer than the rest of them. It wasn't maliceful in anyway, and Roxi saw no malintent in its eyes, instead, it seemed to be giving her a curious look. Though, 'he' was a robot, and could probably put on whatever look he wanted to help himself in his situation.