Chapter 4 Gavin POV

Gavin felt like crying, but also felt like screaming. He just needed to be away from his family for a little bit. The Only place he could think of going to was Coco's house.

"Hello?" Coco says

" Coco um can I come over?"

"Yeah you can come over. Is everything alright?"

"It's hard to explain. I-I just need to be away from my parents"

"Ok Gavin. I'll see you in a few?"

"Yeah. Bye Coco"

"Bye"   Gavin hung up so quick that he didn't notice that his dad was now in his room on the floor eating Gavin's  chips.

" Why are you leaving?" 

"AHHHH"

"Oh sorry buddy didn't mean to scare you"

" I'm leaving cause I want to"

" Ok. Be home by-"

" I'll be home when I feel like you and mom aren't constantly lying to me"

  Gavin's dad was speechless.  Gavin had left and was on his way to Coco's house. He had started to feel tears in his eyes and he was trying so hard not to let them fall. That's when Coco opened the door...

"Omg Gavin are you ok?"

  He couldn't say anything. He just hugged her and let the tears flow down his face creating a wet path for more to flow down on.

" Gavin" he hears very faintly

" Gavin" he hears again louder 

"Huh?"

"Gavin it's ok. Your going to be ok" Coco says in a comforting way

" What happened?"

"I don't know, but I think you passed out or cried yourself to sleep"

"oh" Gavin says while he looks around. 

" Omg I'm in her room... Wait why am I in a unicorn blanket? No what it doesn't matter cause it's so comfy"  Gavin thinks

" Gavin I need you to tell me what happened" She says very comforting

"Well my dad came home and it was fine until my mom said something about it's better when he's not around. Then she sent me to my room and I overheard them talking about this is why they're divorced. But the thing is I didn't know they were. And I got so upset that I told my mom basically she's a liar and my dad that I'll come back when they stop lying to me"

" Omg Gavin that is messed up. I'm sorry you had to go through that. My parents are divorced also"

"Oh wow I didn't know that"

"No it's ok. They got divorced cause my mom liked girls and my dad liked boys"

" Oh"

"Yeah It's kinda complicated. Anyways do you want some hot chocolate?"

"Sure"

"Ok brb"

" Wait... I-I um... I love whipped cream on top. Can I have some?"

"Of course. And I'll get some s'mores and a candy cane to go with it"

Coco left the room. Why didn't Gavin say what he wanted to say? Was it the fear of getting rejected?