Chapter 10 Gavin's POV

It was about 1:30 in the morning when my phone started ringing.

" hello" I say in a tried whispery voice

" I'm sorry Gavin. I'm so sorry for me and your father lying to you. I'm sorry for hitting you. I'm sorry for making you feel like you had to run away to be happy. I'm sorry that I never listen to what you have to say. I'm sorry for never giving you the attention you need. I'm sorry that all these years I've pretended that you were a normal child when you weren't. I'm sorry I ignored that you have speech problems. I'm sorry for never taking you out to celebrate when ever you got a good grade. Basically I'm sorry for not being the best mother I can be." She says sounding like she was crying.

" Now that was the apologie I was waiting for all this time. I love you sooo much mom. Just remember that ok"

" O-Ok Gavin. Sorry for waking you up. I'll call you tomorrow sweetie. Bye"

" Bye mom"

 I don't know how I should feel now. Should I be happy or sad? Suddenly I get filled with a bunch of emotions and start crying. I guess they were a mix of happy and sad tears. Something still didn't feel right. Maybe it's cause I'm not at home with my family. I don't exactly know yet. What I do know is that I love that I don't feel like a whole planet is on my shoulders anymore. When I check the time I realized that it's been about an hour that I've been awake crying. So I finally fell back to sleep. Although I feel so peaceful my dreams come splashing in. This was a dream I've been having for 2 years. It's my mom being arrested for almost killing me. It scares me so much that in like the last 2 months I've peed my pants like 5 times. Of course my mom doesn't know that cause then she'll start going on Amazon looking for teenage boy pull-ups. Don't ask why she would do that cause I can't answer that.

***********************************************************

"Gavin wake up"

I start to open my eyes and see Coco next to me in these cute little pajamas.

"Hi Coco. What are you doing in here" I say still a bit tired

" I came in here cause I couldn't really sleep. So I came in here and ended up falling asleep in here."

"Oh. Wanna go get something to eat? I'm kinda hungry now"

" Sure Gavin. Your such a kind person. You don't deserve what is happening right now. Oh btw how's your eye?"

" It's getting better I mean it still hurts some"

" We should probably start heading downstairs."

" Yeah we should. Just let me shower and put on some actual clothes"

" K Gavin. I should probably  do the same"  She says smelling herself and screwing up her face.

I don't know why she did that. She smells amazing. I wish I could have all of my clothes smell like her. And I also would love to cuddle with her and be able to stay over at her house other than when my parents are being jerks. Hopefully that will be able to happen soon. Once I was done with my shower I started styling my hair. I was surprised with myself when I did my hair different than I usually did. And what shocked me the most was I put on this perfume that smelled like vanilla and hazelnut. Oh and yes I said perfume. What I think perfume smells better than any cologne my dad gave me. 

" Hey Ga- Wow it smells good in here"  Coco says

" Haha Thanks. You ready to go?"

" Uh yeah I'm ready" She said then smiled

               Should I tell her after breakfast?