Chapter 13 Coco's POV

It's been about 10 mins since Gavin went to his locker. Maybe he's using the bathroom, or forgot his lockers pin. I hear Piper yelling my name from down the hall.

" COCO!!!" She says running towards me

" Yeah Piper?" I say

" Someone just kidnapped Gavin..."

Once she said that, I felt my heart drop. Piper's saying something but I can't hear it. G-Gavin was kidnapped? No it can't be. I feel my eyes start filling with tears.

" OMG... PIPER THIS IS ALL MY FAULT. I SHOULD HAVE WENT WITH HIM"

" No Coco you didn't know. Don't blame yourself. Good news tho He left his location on. We can find him." Piper says showing me her phone

" O-ok I need call m-my mom" I say eyes still full of tears

" I already did. Infact she's outside right now. Come on lets go"

We hurry in to my mom's car. Surprisingly my dad was in the car with a bag. My mom drove as fast as she could.

"Mom turn left" I say quickly

"OK LET'S GO KICK SOME BUTT" She says

We got out of the car and ran up to this warehouse looking place. Once we made it inside no one was there, except Gavin.  Well then we saw Gavin's mom and some girl come out of a room. Gavin looked scared like really scared. Then I saw that girl punch him and I just lost it. I ran up to her and high kicked her, then slapped her.

" HEY GIRL KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF OF GAVIN BEFORE I RIP ALL OF YOUR LIMBS OFF ONE BY ONE." I say 

She was now on the ground crying. While my mom asked her what was going on here

" Coco help please I-" Gavin says before his mom poured what looked like vinegar in his cuts

" THAT IT THIS WILL BE THE LAST TIME YOU SEE DAYLIGHT..." I say to Gavin's mom before I ran up to her and punched her. Then before she could make a sound I poured vinegar down her throat. Then Piper came in and kicked her in her... well.. ya know. Once I looked back at Gavin he was passed out. I guess he passed out from the pain. 

" HEY OLD MAN GET OVER HERE." My mom says to some guy running around with a knife. The man tripped and the knife wen flying towards Gavin. I couldn't let him get hurt even more... So I jumped infront of him before the knife hit him. 

"COCO?" Piper said

Wait I'm not dead? I look down and the knife slightly grazed my thigh. I'm bleeding but not dead thank god. Out of nowhere the man tackled me. He smelled like old milk. My mom pulled him off of me and let my dad hit him with his bat. I picked up the knife and cut Gavin out of the chair. Then Gavin's mom did something I never thought would happen.... She pulled out a gun.. and shot me...

I told Piper to take Gavin to the car. My dad picked me up and rushed me to the car while my mom finished off Gavin's mom hopefully for good. We went to the hospital.  Gavin and I were split up once again. I was rushed in to surgery just like Gavin.

*********************************************************

My surgery lasted 6 long hours. As soon as I woke up, I was surrounded by people I didn't even know asking me questions like " Who shot you?" and " What did the shooter look like?". Before I knew it I was crying cause I was overwhelmed.

" Gavin... Where's Gavin?" I say quietly

" Gavin is in his room" The nurse says

" I... I want Gavin" I say a bit louder

" I'm sorry you ca-" She says before I cut her off

" I want Gavin... Bring him to me or take me to him. If you don't do either of those then I swear I will get out of this bed no matter how much it hurts and walk around this hospital till I find him." I say louder, but still pretty quiet

" I'll be right back. I'm not getting Gavin tho.... I'm getting the doctor to give you some sleeping medicine. Don't go anywhere

She left the room. I didn't know she was that stupid. It's been 4 hours since my surgery but that won't stop me from seeing if Gavin is ok. So I got out of bed ignoring the sharp pain telling me not to. I see Piper and pull her to the side.

" WHO EVER YOU ARE I WILL KICK YOU IN THE-"

" Piper it's me Coco"

" Oh. Wait why aren't you in your hospital room?"

" I need to make sure Gavin is ok. Do you know where his room is?"

" Yeah I do. But are you ok Coco? You got shot in your chest and your walking around like it's nothing."

" I'm fine. Plus Gavin has gone through way more than me. I just want to talk to him.

" OK fine I'll show you his room."

So she takes me to room 326. I see that Gavin's awake. Before we go in Piper grabbed a wheelchair for me. Thank god she did.

" Omg Coco are you ok?" 

" Yeah Gavin. Are you???"

" Yeah I am. Um Piper can you leave the room for a second?"

" Oh uh yeah I'll just wait outside" Piper says

When she walks out I get up from my wheelchair and sit on Gavin's bed

" Thank you Coco for .. you know.. Taking a bullet for me"

" No problem. I would do anything for you." I say blushing

Gavin started looking at me. It was kinda weird but also cute I guess. Before I knew it Gavin leaned over and started kissing me. Is it weird that I liked the way his lips felt against mine? I don't know. His lips were soft and warm. Then Piper opened the door. We quickly stopped kissing.

" YESSSS YESSS I KNEW IT ALL ALONG." She said doing her little happy dance.

I smiled at Gavin. 

I don't really know what this feeling is..... But I never want it to stop. 

Ok first of all... GAVIN AND COCO KISSED!!!! And I can't believe we reached 300 reads. This chapter was probably the hardest to write so far. Thank you for all of the support with this book. What do you think will happen next in the book?

                                                           Love, Hampton Girls💖