Chapter 8 Coco's POV

" Hey Coco I was wondering when you w- OMG COCO WHAT HAPPENED" Coco's mom said

" I don't know just hold on I have to help him"

" Wait Coco who even is this"

" His names Gavin and he's in the eighth grade. Now if you don't mind imma go help him before he passes out again"

 I quickly sit Gavin down on my bed then run to my bathroom to get the safety kit. Once she got back in the room she sat down on her bed and opened the kit. It had all types of things like peroxide, Band-Aids, the stuff you'd need if you need stiches, and a few lolipops for if you were good.

" Ok Gavin this is gonna sting a little bit"

" YAAAA EEEEE WHYWHYWHY" he says clearly in pain

" I'm sorry. Um can you tell me what happened?"

" S-ooo that stings so much. Um anyway yeah I'll tell you. Well it stared with me getting grounded for 2 weeks. Then my mom and dad stared fighting over how long I should be grounded. Then I kinda butted in and expressed how I felt about them always fighting and before I could finish speaking she hit me really hard. And I was scared she would do it again so I left."

" That's why your bleeding and you have a black eye?"

" Yeah but thats not all. When I got to the park I was sitting down kinda crying and some random guy came up to me and told me to give him my shoes. I said no and he punched me and then cut his wrist and rubbed his blood on my shirt. Right when I saw his wrist I guess I passed out"

" I SWEAR IMMA FIND THAT GUY AND KICK HIS-"

" Coco chill" He said sounding kinda scared of me

" I was gonna say butt"

" Sure you were. But I'm ok I just don't want to go home right now. Well, at least till she gives me real apologie"

" Come to DisneyLand with me. "

" Wait really? You want me? To go with you?"

" Haha yeah. It would be fun. So what do you say?"

" WHAT DO I SAY. UH YEAH I WANT TO GO WITH YOU"

" Perfect. We leave Wednesday night, but until then you can stay with me."

" THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU COCO"

" No problem" I say happily. Oh and that will give us some time to get to know each other better.

" Just give me a sec to talk to my mom"

"Ok"

" Hey mom I know  who my plus one will be"

" Really who? she says with a mouthful of ice cream"

" Gavin. Oh and can he say here for a little bit.  He's going through something right now"

" Like what? I bet it can't be that bad. What his mom won't give him a new phone" she says laughing

" His mom is the reason why he's bleeding and has a blackeye. Oh and his parents never told him they got divorced." I say pretty irritated with my mom.

" Oh. OH my um yeah he can say as long as he needs too"

"Well what did she say? Gavin said

" She said you can stay as long as you need too"

" Omg your the best Coco"

" Aww thanks. Ok imma go get you an ice pack for your eye"