Chapter 16

Sato Y/N

Life is messed up. Kuroo has been busy with his Volleyball tournament so we've barely hangout. He is either practicing for the game or too tired to move. I mean I don't have a right to complain anyways. We are not official or anything.

"You'll go and watch Volleyball match tomorrow?" Taiga asked me with his lips pressed in thin line.

I just nodded. 

He and I have been eating lunch together again since Kuroo is in volleyball practices during lunch too.  First two days I declined cause I didn't want him to feel like I am just being friendly with him whenever I am alone. 

On the third day this guy literally dragged me to eat with him so we're having lunch together since then . I don't know if he saw me a loner or if he really cares that much?

"Not to sound desperate or anything but will you show up for even five minutes for the game tomorrow? I'll save you spot. I will really like it." He said sipping his drink.

"Kuroko too" He added scratching his neck.

"Yeah I'll try to" I smiled at him.

"Cool then" He nodded as we continued eating.

Since our school was hosting the sports tournament tomorrow, our classes ended early.  Most of people were working for tomorrow; either practicing or setting up all things needed for tomorrow's tournament. 

I haven't joined any clubs so I just went home.

All day I did nothing but binge watch few movies. I don't even remember falling asleep in tthe middle of the movie.

Next day I got ready into the casual clothes and headed to Nekoma. Both Volleyball and Basketball match start at 9. So I'll wish Taiga and Kuroko before heading to cheer for the Volleyball team.

"Hi guys" I waved as I saw Taiga and Kuroko warming up.

"Hi Y/N" Taiga waved at me while Tetsuya just gave me a small smile.

"All set for the match?" I asked and they both nodded.

I heard shrilling screams as the gym door opened. 

"Let me guess. You're playing with Kaijo?" I asked them without turning to see who it was.

"Yes" Tetsuya answered me.

"Do you think I can leave before he sees me?" I asked them.

"Too late" Kagami laughed as Kise Ryouta stood in front of me.

"Y/N-chii long time no see" He smiled at me. 

Kise Ryouta and I did have some kind of history. It was 2nd year of middle school when there were rumors he liked me. Me being me, confronted him and turns out it was true. I didn't really like him that much at first but he was persistent. 

We went on some dates, more like hangouts. I was getting attached to him and opening up but he stopped treating me specially. 

At times it seemed like he was forcing himself to hangout with me so I set him free.  I let him go even though I had caught feelings.

Middle school ended and my feelings finally started fading away.

I don't hate Kise or something but sometimes dealing with him takes too much of my energy that I don't wish to use.

" Huh! oh yes! Hi Kise" I nodded snapping back into reality.

"Are you here to cheer up Kuroko-chii and Kagami-chii? If yes then I am jealous" He pouted and then  laughed.

"Don't be. She's not staying to cheer on us" Taiga told him.

"Heh? why ??" He asked confused.

"She's going to Volleyball game" Taiga said feeling bitter. His tone went unnoticed.

"So the rumors are true? You are dating the volleyball captain??" Kise asked me with his one eyebrow raised.

"You don't need to be concerned about my personal life." I told him with a straight face and he pouted.

"So brutal" He sighed and I rolled my eyes.

"I'll leave now. Good luck with your game guys" I did the 'hwaiting'  gesture.

"Make sure you crush him in the game" I added and Kise had that terrified expression.

"Y/N-chii that's really mean thing to say" Kise whined.

"Whatever" I brushed him off. I waved at my friends before heading to another gym where there will be Volleyball match.

I walked inside the volleyball gym to see our team and a team in orange warming up before the match.

"Y/N-senpai Hi!!  finally you're here" Lev Haiba the newly recruit of volleyball team waved at me. 

"Hi Lev. " I waved back smiling at him.

"Where is Tetsu?" I asked him. 

"He is there" He pointed and the smiled of my face turned into a frown. 

There he was talking with 'Tsubaki Aiko'  the girl he is supposed to get married in Future; his soulmate. The girl I detest the most. The girl that made me feel inferior.

The same girl who made me feel like I was never good enough.

The same girl I ended up loosing my one sided love to.

The same girl who would've been married to Tetsu and I'd have to see if I didn't ended up transporting to the past.

 They're supposed to meet in college not here!! Why is she here? Is universe playing with me now??

I stared at them as they were talking and laughing about something. Tetsu was being all smiles and it hurt my pride. 

No matter how hard I try he'll always be with her in the end. I will never be the main character of his story.

I took a deep breathe and turned back my heels. I can't watch them. I'll break out if I do. I can't cry here; It'll be too embarrassing.

"Y/N-san where are you going? Match is about start. You need to cheer on us" Lev said in a bit louder tone as the gym got silent.

"Basketball match" I told him and ran away.

Little did I know, Kuroo was standing there; his hand clenched into fist as rage ran through his veins and the stingy feelings clenched his heart as he watched walk away.