Chapter 17

A day before match

Kuroo Tetsurou

"I'll confess to Y/N right after our game" I told Kenma. 

"Are you sure you won't chicken out?" Kenma gave me the amused look.

"Ofcourse I won't. I am not scared of confession or anything" I started and Kenma just hummed.

"And how you plan to do so?" Yaku asked and Then it hit me, we were still in Volleyball gym and the whole team was here.

"Huh? what are you talking about?" I tried to act clueless.

"We already heard you so playing clueless won't be of any help" Kai deadpanned. 

"So?" Yaku looked at me, as he was waiting for the explanation.

" I don't know? Get her flowers while I confess how I feel?" I told him my original plan and he looked disappointed. Actually, The whole team did.

"I am sure even Lev can think something better than that" Both Yaku and Kenma said in sync.

"Am I supposed to feel happy or offended?" Lev asked clueless.

"None! Just shut up and sit down" Yaku and Kenma said in sync for second time.

"You guys are so mean" Lev whined.

After an hour of discussion we finally agreed that it'd be best if I confess during sunset at some rooftop restaurant after the match ends. We'll take her with us saying it was treat from coach from all the game and then as the sun sets I'll do my part.

"I booked the restaurant" Kenma announced.

"I did the decorations" Yaku sighed.

"I did the bouquet of her favorite flower. I'll arrive by tomorrow" Kai added.

"Kuroo-san are you about to cry?" Yamamoto and Lev laughed as I was moved by the effort of my friends.

"What of course not" I tried to play it cool.

"Stop lying Kuroo, I saw you wipe your tears" Kenma said and I awkwardly coughed.

We took it slow in today's practice since tomorrow is the D-day. I am supposed to be asleep by now but I just can't bring myself to sleep. I don't know if it's excitement or nervousness. I was mentally practicing my confession so I wouldn't screw up the real confession.

I fell asleep at  four in the morning. I barely had 3 hours of sleep when Kenma came to wake me.

"Did you even sleep?" He mocked and I gave him the 'what do you think?' look.

"Get ready. We'll be late"' He instructed and I obliged.

The match starts at 9 but players are supposed to show up at 8. Few chosen schools like Fukurodani, Shinzen, Ubugawa and Karasuno were  here for the sports meet. 

"Kubro are you finally confessing to Y/N-chan ??" Bokuto came running to me.

"Who told you?" I raised my eyes at him. I mean I don't mind him knowing but still.

"Akaashi did" He said smiling.

"And who told Akaashi?" I asked him again.

"Kenma told me" Akaashi answered and I looked at Kenma who just shrugged.

"So who are you playing against?" Bokuto hugged my side as he leaned on me.

"Shinzen and then who ever wins" I shrugged.

"Ahhhh okiee" Bokuto nodded. 

"Kenma~" We heard the chibi of Karasuno yell as they entered the gym.

"Hi! Shoyo" Kenma waved. 

I swear I never saw this friendship coming. The loud mouth chibi and Mr. I'd rather not talk Kenma. 

"Good morning. I am looking forward to today's match" Daichi came to shake hands with us. I gave him a smirk before shaking his hands.

"Same here" I smiled and nodded.

It was 8:37 but Y/N wasn't here yet. I was looking at door waiting for her when Tsubaki-san came to talk to me.

"Hi! Kuroo-san" She greeted me and I returned the greetings.

"I heard you're confessing today?" She asked and I mentally faced palmed. Who told her now?

"Who?" I asked her, referring to the person who told her.

"Some guy of Fukurodani was telling Hinata-kun" She trailed off.

"Ahh! and yes is the answer to your question" I told her and she nodded.

"Do you need any help? I know tons of chemistry pick up lines" She offered and I stared at her as if she was being serious.

"You got anything other than 'you look Sodium Fine'?" I asked and she nodded enthusiastically.

"You must be made of uranium and iodine because all I can see is U and I together." She said and laughed. 

"Cheesy" I shook my head.

"You make me hotter  sulfur hydroxide mixed with ethyl acetate." She said and I looked at her as if she was actually suggesting me to say that to Y/N.

"Okay fine hear this one" She chuckled as she saw my expression.

"Forget hydrogen, you're my number one element." She said and it did sound good.

"I might use it" I told her and she gave me a smile.

"See I told you. I have deadly pickup lines" She laughed again. For some reason watching her laugh made me laugh too.

"Y/N-senpai Hi!! finally you're here" I heard lev's loud voice. I looked  at her from my peripheral vision. For some reason I felt shy and embarrassed  to look at her.

"Hi Lev. " I heard her greet him back.

"Where is Tetsu?" She asked him.

"He is there" He pointed at me.

I was waiting for her to come to me so I continued talking to Tsubaki-san. I waited for her for about a minute or two but she wasn't her.

I turned to see what she was doing. She had this unreadable expression on her face.

"Y/N-san where are you going? Match is about start. You need to cheer on us" Lev said in a bit louder tone as the gym got silent.

"Basketball match" She told him and ran away. 

The sting I felt in my heart was so real.  The fact that she was going to watch Basketball match got me furious. The fact that she was ditching us for that mere Basketball game was driving me crazy.

I wanted to run after her but the whistle to start the game was heard.

I clenched my fist as I walked back to court to play our first game.