Chapter 20

Sato Y/N

"Y/N- Senpai where are you going? Come here" Lev yelled as I was going to leave with my lunch. I sighed and walked upto the table Volleyball team was sitting.

This morning I left home early so I didn't have to walk with Tetsurou. It's both awkward and painful.

As for the team, I tried not to run into them either. I mean I think they all are mad at me for running away so I didn't know how to apologize and explain.

"Are you guys not mad at me?" I asked no one in particular.

"What for?" Yaku asked. 

I kept mum.

"Oh! when you ran away last time from cheering up on us? " Lev asked and I just nodded.

"I am sure you had your reasons" Kenma shrugged.

I turned back to look at others minus Kuroo who all gave me smiles that I couldn't help but return.

"So in conclusion we're not mad so don't think too much" Kai confirmed as he gave me a small smile. I nodded smiling back at him again.

"I am not sure about k-" Yaku covered Lev's mouth. I am not that clueless or naïve ; I know Lev is talking about Tetsurou but I chose to ignore it.  I'd rather not cry now from thinking about all that.

"Bye Y/N" Kenma waved as he was the last one to part ways after lunch.

After lunch we had chemistry lab. I can confirm I have worst luck of all. I got paired with the person I intended to avoid at all cost.

" I was hoping we could've partnered up" Taiga pouted as he was partnered with Kuroko.

"Do you hate me Kagami-kun?" Kuroko narrowed his eyes at  Taiga while talking in monotonous tone making Taiga feel bad about it.

"You know I didn't mean that" Taiga defended himself. I swear Taiga seems like a elementary school kid with Kuroko sometimes.

"I know. I was just messing up with you" Kuroko laughed.

"That's not funny. I thought you were actually mad" Taiga furrowed his brow and Kuroko just shook his head before heading to get worksheet from the teacher.

We all were doing the titration experiment. I and Tetsurou didn't even exchange a word. We did experiment and wrote answers in the worksheet without discussing or anything. The tension around us was evident.

We were doing our work when Kuroo's phone lit up with a ding. I swear I didn't intend to look, It just my eyes involuntarily landed on his screen where Tsubaki's name popped up.

Ofcourse it's her.

I looked at Tetsurou with my peripheral vision who picked up his phone. A smile appeared on his face as he opened the text from her. 

I could hear him typing.

"Kuroo-kun no phone in the class" Sensei warned him.

"Sorry Sensei" He apologized as he put the phone back in pocket.

After school I was chilling in my room when I got a text Kenma. Their coach let them free for today so he was back home too and wanted to hangout.  I sent him a text I'll be there and hopped off my bed to head to Kenma's house.

Fortunately Kuroo wasn't there so I didn't have to be awkward or anything.

"What do you want to do?" I asked Kenma as I plopped on his bed.

"Games" He muttered as he threw one of the consoles to me. I just sighed and went infront of the screen to play with him.

We were middle of the game when the door of his room opened with a bang. Kuroo Tetsurou was here. Guess I ain't that fortunate as I think.

"You should've told me he'll be here too" I whispered to Kenma. He just looked at me and shrugged. Kenma and his shrugs made me shake my head.

"Why are you standing? Come sit and let's start playing" Kenma told Kuroo who was standing at the door carrying a box of pizza.

He just nodded as he came and sat beside Kenma. 

We both didn't utter a word to each other. We simply played game with kenma. 

I was so frustrated with the silence that I decided to go out to catch some breathe. 

"I'll go get water" I told Kenma who was still immersed in his game.

"Get some cola for me" I heard him say as I stood up to leave.

I walked to kitchen and drank some water before sighing. The thought of being in the same room again made me more frustrated.

Should I just sneak out?

After thinking about it for good twenty minutes, I came to the conclusion I should. I'll just make some excuse with Kenma.

Before I could text him some of my excuse and leave; Kozume Kenma came downstairs.

"What's taking you so long?" He asked as entered the kitchen.

"It's nothing" I lied.

"You're still on with mission avoid Kuroo? " He asked and I didn't say anything.

"Just make up or make out already. I can see how badly you both miss each other. Just talk to your man and get over it already" He added as he grabbed the can of cola from fridge.

"He's not my man" I said softly.

"That's because-" He stopped in middle of his sentence.

"It's not my place to tell" He said and I nodded.

So he also knows about Tsubaki.

Why is he telling me to get my man when he knows Kuroo likes Tsubaki now.

"Kenma I have a headache. I am leaving" I said and stormed off before he could even reply.