Chapter 19

Sato Y/N

"Thanks for walking me home"  I thanked Taiga who walked me home without questioning a thing.

"Are you really okay?" he asked concerned.

"Yes. I am" I lied.

"You know that you can tell me about it right? Is it something related to Kuroo? Did he do something to break your heart?" He asked and my heart was stinging again.

"I am fine Taiga. I know that I can tell you but it's really nothing" I insisted. I didn't want to bother him. 

"Fine" He sighed.

"Call me if you feel like talking to someone. You know I'll answer no matter time it is right?" He added and I nodded.

He pulled me in for short hug that lasted for 15 seconds before pulling back and leaving.

I was doing everything to get Kuroo off my mind. I took a long shower, cooked food for myself and watched two movies. I was scrolling through my instagram when all my effort went into vain.

Kuroo Tetsurou

Caption :  Chemistry brought us together 🤓🤭  ( a/n: ignore the ring)

That simple caption got me sobbing. They were finally getting together or already together. The fact the she'll always be his end game hurts me more. The pain I was feeling was so familiar and unbearable. 

I remember feeling something similar when he introduced her as his girlfriend in college. I was a loser back then and I think I am still a looser. Destiny always plays with me. If he'll end up with her always, why bother bring me back to feel the same pain twice.

Ofcourse It had to be like this. Tsubaki and Tetsu what a lovely couple. My heart sank in my stomach again. I was literally feeling sick.

I get it that the thing between me and him were not official but isn't it basic manner to end your previous fling before starting a new one.

Was he always like this??

Am I that bad that I deserve to be punished this way? What did I even do wrong??

I don't remember when I fell asleep but I woke up to door bell ringing continuously. I looked at my phone which showed it was 3 pm. I really need to change my weekend sleeping habits. I yawned and walked to open the door.

Taiga was standing there with a goofy smile on his face.

"What?" I couldn't form the words

"I saw Kuroo's post  twenty minutes ago and everything clicked. That guy is the reason you looked so lost yesterday" He stated.

"As matter of fact, you look upset right now too so get ready. We're going out" He added and I stared at him as if he said he'll kill me.

"Where?" I asked him as I let him in.

"You'll know when we get there. Dress up comfortable" He said as he sat on the couch. I nodded as I left to get ready.

We were at the Tamagawa river ; cycling by the river bank. The day was extremely beautiful and the trails by the river filled with trees and flowers made it even more beautiful. 

"It's so beautiful" I yelled as I cycled beside Taiga.

"I know right" He yelled back.

After three hours of cycling and sightseeing along with clicking tons of photos we were getting tired.

"Should we head back?" I asked Taiga who was capturing the sunset in his phone.

"You tired?" He asked and I nodded.

"Cool let's go then" He said as he clicked one more photo of sunset.

"Race you back to stands" He said as he started cycling more vigorously. 

"Oi! That's cheating" I shouted as I paddled to catch up to him.

"I win" Taiga poked out his tongue and I rolled my eyes.

"Ofcourse you'd win if you cheat" I countered.

"You're just bitter cause you lost. " He laughed.

"Yeah whatever" I shrugged as we left the cycles by the stand and walked.

"Should we go and eat? I am hungry" I told Taiga.

"I thought you'd never ask" Taiga teased and I shook my head.

We got in the nearby restaurant and  ordered udon with Yakitori. We were having the usual conversations, messing around with each other until the food arrived. We both dig in as soon as the food came. Guess we both were equally hungry after that three hours of cycling.

After dinner, Taiga walked me home.

"Thank you so much for distracting me today" I told him as we reached infront of my house.

"Ofcourse. I wouldn't want you to stay in and cry for douchebags who don't deserve you" He said and I felt a tug in my heart.

I bit my lips to stop myself from crying.

"Just cry" Taiga pulled me into his arms. 

I wanted to be strong and brush it off but my emotions got the best of me as I ended up crying in his arms as he comforted me by rubbing my back and telling me It'll be alright.