The question

It had been a week since Aang and Katara had started dating. The only problem was that NOBODY KNEW!

Aang and Katara knew that Sokka would rip Aang limb from limb if he found out, so they just dated in secret. Unfortunately that also meant Jet was still trying to get Katara to date him. He had already succeeded to land himself a broken nose from a french dictionary Katara had been reading in the library. That and the other bruises he had received from Aang, Sokka and Zuko. That landed the four of them in detention.

Katara's POV

I feel sooooo bad. I got Aang, Sokka and Zuko in detention! This is ridiculous! I can't even walk around a school without getting people who I care about in trouble! Well at least I already know what I am going to do as a apology, I am going to take them to Iroh's (Zuko's uncle) tea shop and get them tea.   

I was walking around the school court yard when I saw Zuko, Sokka and Aang running towards me.

"Hi Katara," Sokka panted. 

"Why are you running?" I asked. Zuko pointed behind them. Jet was standing there with his fists balled up.

"IT'S SO SIMPLE! I JUST WANT KATARA!" Jet shouted.  

NO IT'S NOT SO SIMPLE! MY SISTER ISN'T A PRIZE THAT YOU CAN WIN!" Sokka shouted back. Zuko, Sokka and Aang all put themselves in front of me. I rolled my eyes and got in front of them. Aang started shouting to get behind them, I just shrugged and with one swing of my backpack Jet was on the ground clutching his stomach. I turned to see Sokka, Aang and Zuko staring at me with gaping mouth's.

"Well, let's go gaping boys." I laughed. All of us ran out of the park to find the rest of the Gaang.

Aang's POV

Today is the day. Today Katara and I ask Sokka for official permission to start dating. We asked Sokka to meet us near a lake so then Katara could waterbend in case of defense. Katara and I were pacing back and forth when we heard Sokka's voice call.

"Hey guys,"

We both turned.

"What did you want to ask me?" Sokka asked.

"Well.... I know that I haven't known you for a really long time but Katara and I have gotten very close and we wanted to ask-" I was cut off by Katara.

"If he had you permission to date me." Katara finished quickly. Sokka expression was hard to read. One part was horrified the other part was happy.

"Of course. But first you have to ask my dad if it's ok," Sokka said happily. But then his face darkened and he stepped into Aang's personal space. 

"If you hurt one hair on my sisters head you will regret that you were born, understood?" He threatened. I gulped and nodded.

Katara's POV

"That went really well," I said. Aang and I decided to walk around to shake off some of the anxiety before asking my dad. 

"Yeah, Now I am a bit nervous. Your dad is a tough man." Aang sighed. I took his hand in mine,

"Nobody will be able to separate us," I promised. Aang smiled.  We went to Gatewave(the place were I live) and opened the door. My dad was sitting in his office when we knocked on the door. 

"Come in,"Hakoda called. Aang and I walked in and took a seat in front of him. Aang quickly asked if he could date me, he promised to not hurt me. My dad's face shifted from a happy man to a angry father.

"NO! I do not allow you to date my daughter. I am aware of your feeling but I do not except." My eyes welled up with tears. 

"Katara," My dad said softly, he reached to take my hand.  But before he could reach it I took off in a different direction. I ran as fast as possible ignoring the threats my father shouted about locking me in my room. Aang was at my heels, I was faster then him and took a sharp curve that lead to my secret hideout. I ran until I reached a willow tree hidden behind a maze of bushes and trees. I swept aside  curtain of leaves . I entered and surveyed my surrounding to make sure nothing changed. Silver lights hung around the branches, a blue rug in the middle with  some beanbags scattered all over. I sat down in one and put my head in my hands.

How  am I supposed to live like this? I really like Aang, but what if my father sends me to a private school again? I will be miserable. What should I do?

 "I see why you like this place,"  A voice said, interrupting my 'being sad' session. I looked up, I saw Aang standing there with a tear stained face. He sat down on a bean bag next to me and sighed. I reached up to touch my face, I just realized that I was still crying. 

"It's really beautiful here." Aang said. "But not as beautiful as you,"

He said the last part in a whisper. I blushed and looked away. He took my hand in his.

"What your father is doing is unfair. But I will stay away from you so your father doesn't punish you." My eyes widened in shock. 

"No! Don't let my father take away someone I love !" I said. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"You love me?" Aang whispered. 

"Of course I do Aang," I whispered back.

"I love you too Katara, you mean the world to me. This is why I have t do this. I can't let your father hurt you because of me." Aang said quietly. With that he gave me a passionate kiss and ran off into the night. I sat there feeling hot tears pouring down my face. I just lost one of the most important people in my life. 

What will I do?

A/N

Hey guys, 

Sorry to end the chapter on such a cliffhanger. BUT I promise it will be worth it. For those of you who couldn't find the story I recommended  search kitara_ss on your wattpad search bar, if you did that you should find two story's. Mr.Lindens library and Four Elements high school. I recommend  reading both.

Merry Christmas!