The begining

Katara's POV

My alarm went off interrupting my sleep. I ground and reached to turn it off. I got up  and took  a shower. I water bent the water off my body and hair and went to find a nice out fit. I stuck with some jeans and a navy blue shirt. 

"Sokka! C'mon, we are going to be late. We don't want to be late to a new school." I shouted.

"It's your new school not mine! I've been going to it for years. While you were at a different school being nerdy in a private school, " He shouted down the stairs, to my older and less responsible brother Sokka. I ran down the stairs and picked up my blue backpack. Sokka came walking down the stair case with a disheveled look . But he was ready and so was I. We went outside after having our break feast and Sokka opened the door to his car and got in. I also got in and  texted my dad. My dad, Hakoda,  always left for his work early so we couldn't see him in the morning. 

When we got to the school Sokka sped off because he saw on of his friends leaving me in a completely new surroundings. I started walking towards the main door when someone ran into me knocking me off balance, I would've  fallen face first into the side walk if a pair of hands hadn't caught me in time.

"I am sorry for that," A voice said.  I looked up to find a brown haired boy with black yes staring at her. 

"My name is Jet, and yours is?" He asked.

"Katara, I am a new student." I said looking down. 

"Well I have to get to class, see you around." Jet said with a smile. And with that Jet walked away to class. I continued to class. I found my classroom just in the nick of time. I took a seat next to the window because it was beautiful there and because there wasn't anybody there. As the class begun or teacher went on about the school year, and I looked out the window to see a beautiful park. I kept on looking out until I heard something related to me.

"Young lady, you there in the back. May you please tell us your name? You are a new student." Our teacher told me. I stood up.

"Hello my name is Katara and I am 16 years old," I said.

"Thank you Katara, you may sit down," Our teacher said to me. I quickly sat down and tried to make myself less visible because the whole class was staring at me, My eyes traveled around the class and they landed on a brown haired boy with grey eyes and a arrow on his forehead. I smiled and he smiled back. The rest of the class flew by and I got assigned to a girl named Toph, she is a blind earthbender, she can see with her feet because of the vibrations in the ground. Also she can tell if you are lying or not. Toph and I talked all through class because it was so boring. I learned  that the grey eyed boy was Aang and the he was very popular. Yay, a reason to stay away from him, I thought. 

"Sugar queen, chill. Your heart beat is driving me crazy. Well I gotta go, Sokka will introduce you to the rest of the group during lunch." Toph said to me. And before I could ask how she knew Sokka she walked off leaving me standing there dumbfounded. 

Aang's POV

So far today was great, My best friend, Sokka, Is going to introduce us to his sister. 

In Mr.Iroh's class, a new girl introduced herself Katara. She is really pretty, and from the minute I saw her I knew that I was officially in love.

"Hi, Aang," Sokka said from behind me.  I turned to see Toph, Zuko, Suki and Sokka standing behind me. 

"I need to warn you about my little sis. She is SUPER nerdy and is really weird. She is really weird and loves to read books. She doesn't have any friends and I won't blame you if you don't want to be friends with her. My dad wanted her to go to a new school since she spent most f the time on her other school either in classes or in the library." Sokka said.

"I don't know if you have the right impression Snoozels," Toph said quietly. So only I could here. 

I was about to reply to her statement when  the bell rang signalling the beginning of lunch. The Gaang, as they called themselves, sat down at a table. 

"Oh, here comes my little sis," Sokka said in a annoyed voice. I turned, and to my surprise, the one and only Katara was walking toward us with her waist length hair bouncing around behind her. 

"Hi," She said in quiet voice. 

"Katara, meet, Zuko, Toph, Aang and Suki," Sokka said to her.  Katara waved to us. 

She sat down next to Toph, clearly the two girls already had a connection.  The rest of the day sped by because Katara, Toph and I all had the same classes. And by the end of the day Katara had already been excepted into the Gaang, we were exchanging phone numbers when a familiar face popped up behind Katara and said.

"Hi princess, can I please talk to you?" 

Katara spun around and gave Jet a small smile. I clenched my fists.

"What do you want Jet?" I said in a calm but menacing tone. 

"I already told you, I want to talk with the princess," Jet said slyly. 

"It's ok Aang, I am sure it will only be for a second." Katara whispered in my ear. And with that she and Jet walked off.