The worst new year in my life

Katara's POV

The next couple of weeks were horrible for me. The Gaang wouldn't talk to me, not because they didn't want to, because they couldn't. If I wasn't in class I was in some nook of the school crying. Aang completely ignored me. I gave up on all hope of ever finding the light in my heart. At home it was even worse. The second I came home my dad dragged me up to my room locked the door and only unlocked it when he brought food. 

Only when I thought life couldn't get any worse Sokka burst into my room with the news that Aang was going to commit suicide by jumping off the highest bulding in town. He told me I should go talk to him.  Right as if that was going to happen. I was planning on spending the holidays locked up in my room generally feeling sorry for my self.

"Sokka, what do you not understand!? Aang broke up with me because of Dad. The last thing he will do is listen  to me before committing suicide." My voice broke. I wiped my cheek from tears that I hadn't realized were pouring out  of my eyes. 

"Katara, I know you and Aang broke up but he will die if you don't talk to him!" Sokka exclaimed.

 "Fine," I said coldly. I turned on my heel and marched out the door down the hall and onto the street.

I was about to do something I had never done before. I was going to risk my own life to save another.

Aang's POV

I had already said my goodbyes to  everyone. Well... everyone except Katara. I knew that Sokka would tell her,  so I expected to see  furious Katara barge in through the door. BUT, nothing happened.  As I walked to were I would end my life I saw a bunch of people following me and taking a video,  I walked up the stair case ready to jump. I heard people start screaming as I lifted one foot over the edge of the building.  

I jumped.

But before I could feel the wind hitting my face I saw a HUGE wave coming towards me, it basically flew over the people watching and went straight towards me. Someone standing on the wave caught me in there warm arms. I looked up to see a girl about my age wearing a blue water tribe mask. Together we sailed over houses and landed in a half drained lake. When all the water had settled I turned around to see who just saved my life. When I turned around the girl was already gone. 

I went home feeling generally sorry for myself when a special someone burst through the front door. Gyatso(my dad) was on a business trip. Katara looked so angry I could see steam coming out of her ears. 

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!!!" Katara shouted. I tried to blow something in her direction to stop her advancing form from punching mine, but she just froze it in mid air.

"DO YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY ANY IDEA HOW WORRIED I WAS!" She shouted again.

"Katara-" I was cut off by her screaming.

"FIRST YOU BREAK UP WITH ME, THEN YOU DECIDE TO JUMP OFF A BUILDING,THEN YOU SURVIVE BECAUSE I SAVED YOU BUTT AND ON TOP OF EVERYTHING DO YOU KNOW WHO CAME TO CONSOLE ME!? EVERYONE EXCEPT FOR YOU!"Katara yelled. 

"KATARA! GO AWAY! I DON'T WANT TO TALK TO YOU!" I yelled back out of frustration. 

Katara's eyes widened, filled up with tears and spilled. She turned on her heel and ran out the door. 

My eyes widened as I realized what I had just done.

What have I done?

Katara's POV

As I ran out of Aang's house tears spilled down my face. I ran into the park. I sat down and put my face in my hands. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Toph, I hugged her as hard as I could. 

 I really like Aang, but I don't think he likes me anymore because I saved him.

 Toph cleared her throat.

"I know this probable isn't the best time but, Happy new year. "Toph said. She handed me a small wrapped box. I opened the box to see a silver necklace with a silver water tribe sign, on it there were the words Best friend.

 I smiled when I saw that she was wearing the same one but with a earth kingdom sign.

"Thanks Toph, but I have to ask you something. Can this new year get any worse?" I asked.

Hey guys,

Sorry about the short chapter. Hopefully I will put another chapter soon. Have a happy new year.

Bye!