𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

────── 〔❦〕────── 

────── 〔❦〕──────

HER FIRST YEAR at Hogwarts had not been entirely enjoyable. Some parts were, others not so much. The claim was certain — as neither the very beginning nor the very end, left rather good impressions.

It had been the year a boy of a lightning scar and a girl with an unsteady crown had finally met.

The Sorting Ceremony, an event to determine all assembling stones in the future of Elara, was met with an unusual phrase. Racked nerves and discomfort — on wearing a hat that knew nothing of a 'bath' — pushed to be long forgotten. A string of words spoke "I hope when the time comes, you succeed what he failed to do."

To the eleven year old, the words meant nothing important — for time being.

Her main attention had been on cheers and shouts of Slytherins, as that House was where she would now belong.

Elara Astra was ecstatic on the entire ordeal; sorted into the only Hogwarts House she felt deserving to be in. For simple reasons of not being disowned nor enduring punishment from her father.

Albeit, a fair number whom wanted 'the Ambrose Princess' to reside within their House were not pleased. They went lengths to express their anger — some booing though they were the same trying to get her autograph on the Hogwarts Express. Though it was common knowledge for the girl to be placed into Slytherin — her entire family had done so.

The rest of her first year was spent following orders she'd been told; usual ones carved deep into her growing mind. To not associate with "blood-traitors or mudbloods."

Elara did not think they were very wise words said by her father. Overused was the better word for it — not wise.

From the beginning of understanding the basics of language, Axel Ambrose felt the need to remind his daughter and Draco Malfoy of the phrase. The girl of the pair never understood why.

It was not like the new generation of Malfoy and Ambrose children were going to be the first to go against everything they were taught.

The only order Elara Ambrose could not bring herself to follow through with was befriending Harry Potter.

To put it simply, a certain hatred for the boy grew stronger as she grew up. All she ever heard from the mentions of Axel was 'Harry Potter this, Harry Potter that, the Potter boy this.' Instead of paying mind or properly caring for his own child, the King would spend his attention solely on Potter. Obsessing — if one wanted to call it as such — over his mere existence.

She envied the boy for it; how he could gain attention she dreamed for so easily.

Although she chose against befriending the Boy Who Lived — if he preferred to be called as such — Potter did not make it easy to avoid. The girl hated it all, how he'd randomly come up to her in the library. Performing his absolute best to get her to talk — to which Elara never answered.