𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

────── 〔❦〕──────
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫 ! 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐞. 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 !

 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 !

────── 〔❦〕──────

AFTER LEAVING Cedric Diggory, the situation between the pair was not one they ever imagined to experience.

To start off, Elara snuck Padfoot into the Ambrose Manor by placing him into the bag she was carrying — which was enchanted with the Undetectable Extension Charm. It enlarged the selected space to the size of a house. The bag previously belonged to her mother, but Elara brushed off why her mother used such a spell on it before.

Elara Ambrose and Draco Malfoy now sat on the white tile floor of the girl's restroom. A black dog sat in the tub, covered in soap and dripping in water in front of them as they washed away his filth.

After minutes of deep scrubbing, Draco wrapped a large towel around the dog, his friend had grown close with over the last few hours. Padfoot sat between the two before him — who were parallel to each other, knee to knee — as he shook his damp fur, listening to them converse.

The mentions of Voldemort and Death Eaters thrown back and forth. Draco informed Elara he was told the truth about their future, whereas Elara spilled everything he needed to know. She could no longer keep it to herself, so she began with the punishments she endured over the years to her mother once being friends with Sirius Black. Draco was unsure whether or not to believe if the escapee was truly innocent. However, if the man truly did end up coming for his best friend, he wouldn't allow it.

A rush of heavy emotions flooded Draco Malfoy's veins as he realized his past doubts were not far from the truth. Whilst Elara doubted the true identity of the Dark Lord, Draco always second guessed if Axel hurt her even after told the punishments stopped. He would notice her random faint bruises as they grew older; Elara always covered it up by saying she knocked into things. She was not a clumsy person, yet he took her word. How could Draco not believe her? She always told him the truth and he had trouble distinguishing her lies, as she was very skillful with it.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth? Why didn't you tell me they were hurting you?"

Elara's heart clenched at Draco's tone of voice. It was barley above a whisper — like he was afraid the slightest break in his voice would escape, as his throat tightened. The ebony haired girl only shook her head as she stared down at her lap, "I couldn't. I didn't want to risk them finding out and hurting you for it."