𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

────── 〔❦〕──────
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫 ! 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 !

────── 〔❦〕────── 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫 ! 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 !

────── 〔❦〕──────

ENGRAVED WORDS OF 'CAPTAIN' and 'PREFECT' in argent lettering should have been satisfactory. To have achieved something, she'd only dreamt of, should have brought ease, or even joy. Titles that were more than what met bird's-eye view had been captured — yet wings faltered in place of fluttering with immense glee. Opinions impaling fragility of skin and bone was at fault; and one culprit sat to her left.

As done to him weeks ago, a blonde found a route of unintentional revenge. In his fingers twirled an imaginary, handcrafted key that pried open minds — a sole purpose to pollute the debilitated. The hapless one to be drenched with a scorching pot of insecurities and self doubt was the person he'd been been closest to. Burns tainted her skin, venom overwhelming her bloodstream.

And so, Elara Astra was unable to pride herself on the accomplishment of Captain or Prefect, at once. Scarlet script scratched her mind, words written in an outsider's penmanship declared her 'unfit!' for either position.

Impaled with hatred did not deteriorate exterior; it remained untouched with no sign of newfound insecurities. Her perfect semblance.

Informed to enter a specified carriage from an instruction-filled letter, the culprit and victim sat beside another to maintain forged unity. Mythical forever getting along proven incapable and untruthful — each convincing themselves to hate the opposite. (Not a necessary fact bystanders needed pleasure of unfolding).

The oldest would take a peak at others in their surroundings — an occasional scowl thrown outwards.

The youngest disregarded the speakers, voices tuned out — a miniature smile sent to those of neighbourly faces.

Minus the space between, and momentary crawls of skin — from glances to a yellow-striated badge — the pair wore their best behaviour. One that'd be prided on from adults on how well 'normality' was maintained.

Attracting attention in areas that did not need to be searched, was not a suitable plan for public eye. That had never been an option for families as theirs.

They'd upkeep a thick as thieves guise; sudden actors to an affinity once true to name. And a generational curse crept it's way forward.

— ⚯͛ —

IN ANOTHER SECTION of the train, attracting attention was not wished upon, leaving a boy's skin itching. If self control was non-existing, red streaks would line fragile skin of neck and hands. Widened eyes and pointed fingers met Harry Potter's direction as he peered through glass paneled doors of already occupied compartments.