𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

────── 〔❦〕──────
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚, 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

────── 〔❦〕──────𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫: 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐮𝐦𝐚, 𝐬𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐢𝐧𝐣𝐮𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬

────── 〔❦〕──────

EVEN FROM THE EXTERIOR, it was noticeable how the unalike the Diggory's lived contrasted to the Malfoy and Ambrose families.

The medium sized home was nothing like the places Elara and Draco had grown up in. No black wrought-iron gates surrounded the building; in its place stood a three-foot white fence. There was no gated area full of hedgerows or pure-white peacocks like the Malfoys had at their Manor. Certainly no surrounding moat and grass field, or an inner ward with Quidditch goalposts like the Ambrose Manor. The Diggory Home had a small garden which was now covered with mounts of snow, compared to the large backyard garden with a fountain the Ambroses owned.

"It isn't much, but this is it." Cedric spoke to Elara and Draco as he opened the front door to the Diggory household.

This was another difference between the ways of living; the door had to be pushed instead of it swinging open on it's own accords. Aurelia used her wand to light the candles on the black round chandelier, not at all similar to the silver crystal candle chandelier in Elara's bedroom. Amos placed the suitcases down as Elara and Draco looked over the household.

The interior of the Diggory home was more or less cabin-like in its own way. Nowhere near the elegant Manors Elara and Draco resided in. This was much more mellow and homey. Stress lifted itself up from the pair's shoulders, not being able to overpower the solace found within the depths of the lodge home.

"I think it's beautiful." Elara spoke in awe. Draco nodded in agreement, eyes widening at the foreign objects. "You have a lovely home."

The Diggorys smiled at the compliments, thanking them before noticing the way Hogwarts Royal Duo reactions to the lamps on the end tables. The duo was staring at the inanimate objects as if they had grown heads and voices. "What is that?" Draco pointed to what he and Elara believed to be strange lantern look-alike objects.

"These are lamps. Muggles use lightbulbs instead of candles as a light source," Amos spoke, patting the table lamp. "Come here you two, have a go at it."

Amos showed the twain the chain needed to be pulled in order for the lightbulb to glow. Draco and Elara let out small "woah's" as they jumped back in surprise. The pair hadn't imagined a tiny pull chain would have the ability to emit such a bright illumination from underneath the lamp shade. Maybe muggles weren't all that useless. The Diggorys let out their own laughs at the reactions, before Aurelia announced dinner would be served soon.

As they walked into the dinning room, Elara briefly smiled at the framed moving photographs around the household. Some were of Amos and Aurelia on their wedding day; another of Aurelia pregnant with Amos' hands on her belly; Cedric as a baby; and others were them being a happy family of three.