𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

────── 〔❦〕──────
𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫 ! 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 !

────── 〔❦〕────── 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐜𝐥𝐚𝐢𝐦𝐞𝐫 ! 𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝 !

────── 〔❦〕──────

AFRAID TO PART ways, the previous day's weather lingered behind. Occasional droplets of rain landed on uncovered skin, as students cleared out the Forbidden Forest. Their first Care of Magical Creatures lesson of the year was not at all similar to those of the past.

It may have been for the switch of teachers. Or the creatures' differentiation in size and beauty. Possibly even the task at hand, expected to be in full completion by the lesson's end.

There was serious lack in any hazard.

Taking Hagrid's place in teaching, Professor Grubbly-Plank gave a simple assignment. To sketch Bowtruckles and label their anatomy.

A fair few could not focus; formulating theories on Hagrid's absence and bothering the substitute Professor on the topic. Others stuck to themselves or one another, partially participating or holding books close to their chest.

When students were to re-enter the castle, all would meet a schedule of more lectures on the importance of O.W.L.s.

Most wished for its end; a stop in teachers' doings so the twisting feeling of their stomachs could wear away. The homework grew tenfold, on just the very second day. Set deadlines after another with essays waiting to be written concluded their day. A very long one at that.

A pack of six made plans of working amongst each other. Whether that meant the Slytherins would land seated on a back table of the library, or a secluded area of the Common Room. They were to provide aid for another in completing assignments.

It made things feel normal once again — after a summer of strangeness and chaos.

In times of a growing conflict, which most were blind to, there was a safety net in webbed friendship. Witless thoughts to think there was separation in their patches, even when damage was done to a side. They shared an inaudible promise for years to come.

— ⚯͛ —

MEN OF MANORS lacked everything minus power in families. That did not make it less atypical to spare children from detention — a benign gesture from fathers whom abhorred offspring. It was forbidden to give the twins punishment, even when further tainting blood in traitor! ways. In spite of speaking poorly of the Ministry, and hinting at truth in Voldemort's return. ( Not that anyone would believe weakened souls, anyways, so there wasn't much harm )