𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

SEATS HAD BEEN saved for the Slytherin Quintet, all desks near each other. Potter walked in the moment Theo and Elara began bickering over who Millicent got to sit next to. Millicent had sat next to Theo in Charms, so now it should have been Elara's turn to sit with the girl.

The Ambrose, who was sat twirling her wand, looked ready to hex Theo, while Draco and Millicent watched on amused. It was always them two arguing like brother and sister when it came to Millicent Bulstrode. A smiling Blaise was prepared to grab their freckled face Bulstrode and make her sit with him. But their bickering and movements halted when Potter sprinted to sit in the available chair — next to the Princess.

All the Slytherins (minus Elara) were glaring at the boy. "Could I sit here?" Potter had asked with a smile, voice a bit timid but kind nonetheless. He ignored the huffs and glares the girl's housemates were sending him.

If she said no, then he would always try again.

Seeing as there was no other available desk, the girl scanned Potter up and down, then glanced at the open seat before turning back to her friends. Taking her actions as a "yes" the emerald eyed boy seated himself with a smile. He failed to acknowledge the grins Weasley and Granger shared, as they sat behind the pair.

The Slytherin quintet had grown much quieter now that Harry Potter was sitting next to their sacred royalty. They communicated through their eyes as they had done since toddlers — it was a good thing to pick up when born into a high class pureblood family — rather than with words.

"El– Ambrose?" Potter spoke after a bit, correcting himself from saying her first name.

The girl only hummed in response, showing she was listening. Her eyes were concentrated on a Kneazle she was sketching, on the back of her D.A.D.A book. It was far more entertaining than twirling her wand (which she had put away).

"The thing Colin was holding.. it was a camera actually." The boy said, making Elara pause her sketching. How Potter had known she questioned what the contraption was, was beyond her.

Truth was, when Elara had relocked her elbow with Millicent's back at the courtyard, she muttered words about the object Creevey was holding. To which both Potter and Granger had overheard.

Granger had been able to catch the way Elara was looking at the muggle camera when she turned her head over her shoulder. The Ambrose girl was looking at the object as if it had grown scene heads, and that was when Granger connected the dots. She realized Elara obviously didn't know anything of the muggle world, which meant that had been the first time she ever saw a muggle camera. Granger had made sure to tell this to Potter after his conversation with Lockhart had finished.