𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

FAST FORWARD to Sunday, and it was her third day stuck in the Hospital Wing. The past few days were repetitions of the same bland circumstances. Elara would wake and eat breakfast with three of her friends, spend hours pestering Madam Pomfrey to let her out, get frequent visits throughout the day and lastly eat dinner with Cedric.

Many of those who came to visit her — Ginny Weasley included — gifted her with sweets or "Get Well" cards. One of the cards Ginny dropped off, sang. It wouldn't stop until Elara placed it underneath a vase of flowers, which she received from Marcus Flint.

Marcus Flint was the Slytherin Quidditch Captain. He was in his final, seventh year at Hogwarts, meaning this year was his last chance at winning the Quidditch Cup, again. Marcus had lashed out on Elara on Friday afternoon, claiming she better gain "supernatural healing powers" because Quidditch season was nearing. (Truth be told, the season wasn't for another two months). Marcus was simply worried because Elara's better Chaser arm was the right one — the one that got injured. He knew all too well, the Slytherin team couldn't go on without their talented Snake Princess. (They truly enjoyed calling the girl that, ever since the events of the previous year). Elara was undeniably one of the best players in the castle.

Therefore the reason Marcus gifted her a vase of flowers — full of roses and carnations in particular. It was an apology gift for lashing out on something she couldn't control. He asked Cedric for help (though he would never admit to it) as the Hufflepuff knew the girl better. Elara knew her Captain's lashing out and demands only meant well. The older boy had no idea how to drop his cold exterior and comfort someone properly.

No matter how many people came to visit her, the one person Elara was expecting never arrived. Draco Malfoy never came to visit.

The girl didn't know what it was that got into him, but was far from pleased. Draco was the reason she got injured in the first place — and instead of coming to apologize, he simply chose upon ignoring her?

Blaise and Theo informed their friend that — ever since the incident — Draco would not eat any meals with them, nor would he sit near them in any of their classes. When they tried to get him to talk, he would snap. Millicent tried to confront Draco on the matter. That went terribly wrong; it only resulted in them lashing out on one another and creating a large scene in the Great Hall. There was now a severe tension between all of them towards Draco Malfoy.

Nerves were on edge and uneasiness was shared between the Slytherin Quintet — they weren't much of a friend group for the time being. It was the first time, Draco and Elara weren't on speaking terms at Hogwarts. Given the fact that the pair rarely fought, or even thought of distancing themselves like this, no one was sure just how to fix it. Without each other, both Slytherins were acting out — far from their normal personas. On the other hand, Blaise, Millicent and Theo would never think to choose between Draco or Elara, as doing that would only cause further unnecessary problems. The three were exceedingly loyal to both to ever think of choosing between one or the other. It was like a fight between food and sleep — both were far too important to choose between either or. You could choose one, yet part of yourself would be terribly affected. Neither of the three wanted anything of that sort to occur.