𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

────── 〔❦〕──────

────── 〔❦〕──────

ELARA ASTRA COLLAPSED, face first, onto the double bed of the room she had been staying in. Her body ached in places it had never ached before. For someone who thought they were as physically fit as possible for their age, she needed more time to get comfortable with the hours of arduous and austere training. Good news was, another week with Quidditch Professionals had been completed. Many of those the girl trained with, were shocked at how talented and agile Elara was for her age. They had believed their trainee to be older than fourteen. Clearly Elara had a knack for surprises up her sleeve, though she hated most of them.

A few more weeks left and she'd return to the Ambrose Manor, only to head to Dartmoor for the Quidditch World Cup. What a great start to a nearly perfect summer holiday.

The Manor she was staying in, was not one out of the seven belonged to the Ambrose family. Rather of those in charge of the girl's training sessions with Quidditch Professionals. Lilith and Elara had originally planned to stay in a wizard hotel nearby. Those plans were later cut short after learning the Quidditch Pros would be lending the family a Manor for the month of July. Solely for the purpose of being close to the Quidditch Pitch they practiced on; it was only a few minutes away.

The sheer curtains donning the grand windows brought in an evening breeze, not too humid but not quite cool either. The soft wind brushed against numerous flower petals of champagne and red. White faux fur, assembled into a lengthy rug, covered the floor before the bed. Feet away was a desk; dark wood buried in cream colored parchments which Leia kept pecking at.

A few were from Blaise Zabini and Millicent Bulstrode, whom had traveled to Italy for the summer. Another bundle of letters from Theo Nott and Draco Malfoy, who were given the privilege to travel to Ireland. Chelsea Chang and Cedric Diggory had sent the young girl letters as well, either letting her know of their newfound relationship or simply checking up on her.

Neither of the three sets were those of which Leia remained pecking at. The owl, who had developed a strong liking towards Harry Potter and his owl Hedwig, pecked at the said boy's letters.

This summer was definitely a change for Elara. She had only begun talking to Gryffindor's Golden Boy a year prior, and now here they were exchanging letters. Though it appeared Potter wasn't that shocked at the sudden turn of events. He was taking the change as an advantage — pouring out all his confidence into written words better than anything else.

There were times he'd attach a few flowers, collected from the cottage, with his letters. Sirius had to stop his godson after a few days; given there was now a large portion of the cottage that was missing any life. Potter had plucked out the best bloomed roses to send to Elara, only to leave the rest to rot instead of caring for them. The boy had completely forgotten to water the ones that remained.