Chapter 17

Five days later..

Pesidina, Italy

The sun had just risen at the vinyard as Anna walked out onto the terrace. Bayley was sitting alone with a cup of coffee in hand, admiring the view of the vinyard.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Anna asked.

Bayley felt a sting in her heart at the sound of her mother's voice. Anna observed her daughter's face as she avoided eye contact. She took a deep breath.

"You know you can't run from it right?" Anna asked.

Bayley turned her head to face her mother with curious eyes.

"Your DNA.. You can't run from it." Anna told her.

Bayley's eyes turned somber as her mother continued.

"I know you think your whole good girl act back in Greenville is gonna get you out of all of this.. Out of who you are.. But it's not. You thought you could go off to college, make friends with some pretty normal people and somehow that wold make you different?" Anna asked.

Bayley looked down uncomfortably and thought over what her mother was saying.

"But depsite all that you've kept by your daddy's side knowing exactly what kind of man he is.. You fell in love with a cold-blooded killer babygirl.. As much as you want to convince yourself that you want a normal life and that you're better than me, deep down you know you're lying to yourself. You crave the danger because it makes you feel alive and that is never going to go away baby." Anna told her.

A tear streamed down Bayley's face at the mention of Seth.

"Too bad your boyfriend couldn't have stuck around for the big finale, huh?" Anna asked.

Bayley looked to her mother in confusion.

"Come on sweetheart.. You may have convinced everyone else that you're a goddamn angle but me.. No, I told you babygirl.. I know the real you."

"What are you talking about?" Bayley asked.

"What did you say I am now? Number six on the CIA's top wanted list? I've got connections sweetheart. I know about Operation Green. I know everything sweetheart." Anna told her.

Bayley's face froze in shock as her mother let out a condesending smirk.

Down by the barn, Katherine had insisted Dean go riding with her. They'd made their way out to the pastor and made a stop. Dean watched Katherine with disgust as she took in the view.

"Just out of curiosity, what's stopping me from taking this horse and riding the hell out of here?" Dean asked. " I mean it's pretty clear your hitmen slash bodyguards are a little slow today." Dean asked with an attitude.

"Something tells me that as much as you'd love to get back to your pregnant wife and lovely new daughter, you won't leave without that brown haired beauty inside." Katherine confessed.

Dean looked back up at the house in disappointment with himself when he realized Katherine was right.

"When the fuck did I become the good guy?" Dean mumbled to himself.

Florence, Italy

Waiting for their rental car at Florence International Airport was the awkward two-man rescue team of Seth and Becky.

"I'll drive." Seth said as they were handed their keys.

Becky rolled her eyes.

"I can drive." Becky said as she took the keys from him.