Chapter 9

That night Sasha was sitting on the rooftop of the abandoned building that Dean had showed her before. It was quarter past midnight and all she could hear was the sound of the few cars on the street below.

"Hey, Princess." Carmella said as she walked onto the roof.

Sasha turned around and saw Carmella carrying a picnic basket.

"How did you know I was up here?" Sasha asked her.

"I saw you when I got back to the bar." Carmella told her as she grabbed a red blanket out of the basket.

Sasha stood up and walked over to her as she spread the blanket out on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Sasha asked her.

Carmella smiled and pulled out a bottle of wine and two glasses. She tossed Sasha a black sweatshirt.

"Here, I figure you'd need this." Carmella told her.

Sasha put on the sweatshirt and watched as Carmella sat down on the blanket and got out an old radio.

"What is this?" Sasha asked her.

"Girls night, I guess. I just really need an excuse to drink this whole bottle of wine." Carmella told her.

Sasha laughed and sat down next to her as she poured them both a glass. Over the radio, the song "Sick of Losing Soulmates" by Dodie began to play.

What a strange being you are,

"How was your date?" Sasha asked her.

"Boring.. But I got some chicks number in the bathroom so at least I've got another date tomorrow night." Carmella said.

God knows where I would be
If you hadn't found me, sitting all alone in the dark

"Do you ever think about having what Dean and Becky have?" Carmella asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?" Sasha asked her.

"Being happy.. Having a family.." Carmella said.

Sasha took a sip of her wine and thought to herself for a moment.

A dumb screenshot of youth

"When I was younger that's all I ever dreamed of.. I just wanted a family. But as I got older I think I realized with my father in my life that was never going to happen." Sasha told her.

Carmella glanced over at Sasha.

Watch how a cold broken teen
Will desperately lean on a superglued human of proof

"And now that he is out of your life?" Carmella asked.

"I don't know.. It's complicated." Sasha said.

What the hell would I be, without you (what the hell would I be)

"I wish I could have what they have.. But I just don't think I could ever let anyone in like that again, you know?

Sasha took another sip of her wine.

Brave face talk so lightly, hide the truth (hide the truth)

"For what it's worth, I don't think Aj ever meant to hurt you." Sasha said.

"That doesn't mean it hurts any less." Carmella said as she took a big drink of her wine.

'Cause I'm sick of losing soulmates,

"She shot me in the stomach.. The first girl I ever loved shot me." Carmella said.