Chapter 13

Seth looked over at her with tears in his eyes when he realized this was the moment it all ended. Everything he had done in his past and all the people he had hurt.. This was how he would be punished. This is what he deserved.

"She's better off without you." Anna said as she continued pointing the gun at him.

Seth closed his eyes as he felt his heart sink down into his chest.

"Tell her I love her." Seth said with a crack in his voice.

Anna pulled the trigger and shot him in the stomach. Seth fell to the ground slowly as he kept his eyes on Anna. Seth laid there on his back as blood began rushing from his body. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the engagement ring he had panned to give to Bayley. Anna walked away, feeling accomplished as Seth began to bleed out. His face turned pale as he looked at the ring in his hand with tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Seth said to himself with a crack in his voice.

On the Eastside, Bayley walked out of the dining room in tears after a long discussion with her father.

"Sir, there is something you need to see." Cody said as he turned on the television.

Bayley looked at the television in disbelief as she saw the diner up in flames.

"It's being reported that at least two people are dead and six are in critical condition." A newswoman announced.

"It's her." Damien said as he stared at the television in fear.

Bayley looked over at her father in shock.

"Where's Seth. I need Seth." Bayley said as she looked around.

Suddenly, Dean and Becky barged in the front door. Everyone pointed their guns at them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Bayley asked in confusion.

"Sorry to barge in like this but we need your father's help. Nora has been taken." Dean told her.

Bayley looked at Dean with concern.

"Put the guns down." Bayley said as she looked back at her father.

"Are these friends of yours?" Damien asked her.

"Mother wouldn't take a child would she?" Bayley asked him.

"That depends.. Who is the child?" Damien asked as he walked towards Becky and Dean.

"Nora Fox." Becky told him.

"Fox? As in Alicia Fox's daughter?" Damien asked with concern.

"Yes." Dean told him.

Everyone watched curiously as Damien sat down and buried his face in his hands.

"What's going on, daddy?" Bayley asked him.

"Katherine Jones was Alicia Fox's sister.." Damien told everyone.

"No.. Fuck no!" Dean yelled furiously.

"She must be back in town with your mother.." Damien told Bayley.

"Your mother?" Becky asked.

Bayley opened her mouth with tears in her eyes but before she could say anything, Kota came running into the house, carrying an unconscious Seth.

"Help!" Kota yelled.

Bayley froze as she felt a lump grow in the back of her throat. Becky watched with concern as Joe helped Kota lay Seth down on the couch.