Chapter 15

It had been two days since Dean and Bayley were taken away from Greenville. In an awkward turn of events, arrangements were made at Becky and Dean's home to help everyone recover from the events from the past few days. In her and Dean's room, Becky was sitting up in bed staring out the window. She had cried so much the past few days that she couldn't even tear up. Nora peaked out from her room in her white footie pajamas. She watched Becky for a moment,  almost not recognizing her. Downstairs, Seth was laid out in the couch, still recovering from his wounds. Nora made her way into the living room and stared at Seth. It wasn't until he opened his eyes that he saw her giving him the stink eye. In the kitchen, Sasha was consoling Renee at the kitchen table while Roman cooked the girls breakfast.

"He deserves a funeral." Renee said.

Sasha glanced over awkwardly at Roman as he tried not to show how uncomfortable he was. When he glanced over he saw Nora standing there with heavy eyes.

"Mama sad?" Nora asked.

Roman walked over and picked Nora up.

"I made pancakes, your favorite." Roman told her.

"I want daddy." Nora told him.

Roman could see the pain in Nora's eyes and it nearly broke his heart in two.

"Daddy is gonna be home real soon, I promise." Roman told her.

Sasha and Renee looked at each other awkwardly before Seth stumbled into the kitchen. Everyone looked at him awkwardly for a moment.

"Look who's walking." Roman said.

Seth proceeded to make himself a cup of coffee with an aching feeling in his chest. It was quiet for a moment before Sasha got up and walked over to him. Seth have her a confusing look as she teared up. To everyone's surprise, Sasha wrapped her arms around Seth and hugged him tightly.

"I still hate you.. but I'm glad you didn't die." Sasha said over his shoulder.

Seth couldn't bring himself to smile but the look in his eyes let Sasha know he was grateful for her kindness.

"But you're still an asshole." Sasha said as they broke their hug.

"Asshole." Nora repeated.

Roman couldn't help but let out a small chuckle.

"Wow, I forgot how messy your hair gets in the morning." Sasha said as she began to reach up and touch his head.

Seth jerked away as his eyes immediately filled with tears. Everyone watched in confusion as he stared blankly at the ground for a moment, remembering the way Bayley always joked about his messy hair. Renee had known Seth for a long time and even she had never seen him this broken.

Suddenly, the sound of a gun being loaded could be heard as Becky walked into the room. Seth turned and looked at her in confusion.

"Can you guys keep an eye on Nora for a few days?" Becky asked as she put her gun on her waist.

Sasha and Renee furrowed their eyes in confusion.

"Um.. sure but where you going, Becks?" Roman asked with an unsettling feeling in his stomach.

"I'm going to get my man." Becky told him seriously.

Seth thought over what Becky was saying as Roman and the others looked completely stunned.

"You're pregnant, Becks." Roman reminded her.