Chapter 16

Dean woke up the next morning and went downstairs for Katherine and Anna's requires morning breakfast. Bayley was already sitting at the table having a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, Dean." Anna greeted as he sat down across from Bayley.

"Morning." Dean tried his best to sound friendly.

Katherine looked out at the view of the yard with a smile on her face.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Katherine asked.

Bayley glanced out and took in the view. She had been so caught up in being held hostage that she really didn't notice how amazing it was there.

"I remember when you were a little girl you sued to love playing outside in the woods." Anna mused.

"Do you really remember that? Because I don't exactly remember you being around much." Bayley said as she casually took a sip of her coffee.

Anna have Bayley a frustrating look.

"I wasn't around because I was doing important work, dear." Anna assured her.

"Oh, right.. Important work like killing world leaders? I mean what are you know, like number 6 on the CIA's most wanted list?" Bayley smarted off.

Before Anna could say anymore,  Katherine stopped her.

"Why don't the two of you go take a walk out by the lake?" Katherine suggested.

Dean looked at Bayley and could see her face turning red.

"Good idea." Dean said as he got up and lead the way.

Bayley followed after him as they walked towards the water. Dean tried to keep up with her but she began pacing furiously. The guy standing guard even distances himself a bit.

"She left me and now after all these years she just decides to come back? Who does she think she is?" Bayley asked.

"Maybe you should try to calm down." Dean suggested.

Bayley stared at Dean as her face got even reder.

"No.. okay. Let's not calm down." Dean immediately tried to take back what she said.

"She kidnapped me! She shot the love of my life and she took me away! Why is she doing this to me?" Bayley asked as she broke out in tears.

Dean watched her with an ache in his heart. Even though he barely knew her, he couldn't stand to see her cry. Without thinking, Dean walked over and wrapped his arms around Bayley. He held her tight as she began crying on his chest.

"You don't deserve any of this." Dean told her.

Bayley and Dean just stayed there like that for a moment, not thinking about anything else but finding comfort in one another.

London, England

The unlikely partnership of Becky and Seth has tracked down and old associate of Anna's from information Damien have them. They met a man by the name of Jack Sabre Jr. at a local cafe.

"We just want to know where she would go if she was in the run or trying to hide." Seth said.

"I could get killed for just talking to you guys." Zach told them.

"Just tell us where the hell she is!" Becky said a little too loudly.

Seth looked over at Becky with caution.

"Sorry, it's the hormones." Becky said with a sweet smile.

"What's in it for me?" Zack asked.

"I don't kill you, that's what's unit for you." Seth assured him.

"He means me though. What's in it for you is that I don't kill you." Becky corrected Seth.

"If that's what I meant then that's what I would have said." Seth told her.

Zack watched the two argue for a moment.

"What's in it for you is that we don't kill you. Is that better?" Seth asked.

Becky nodded in approval and brought her attention back to Zack. He let out a small laugh in amusement.

"Look.. No one knows where she is, okay? Can I go now? I've got a flight to Italy in an hour." Zack told them.

Becky and Seth looked at him skeptically for a moment.

"You don't know where she is?" Seth asked.

"But you've got a flight to Italy?" Becky asked curiously.

"I do.. My girlfriend and I have a beautiful tour set up at this vineyard." Zack tried to tell them.

"Right, okay. I guess if you don't know where she is then you don't know." Seth said.

Becky took a sip of her water as Zack left the table.

"You might not have got that but he was hinting that they're-." Seth began to say before Becky I rerouted him.

"A vineyard in Italy, yeah I got that. It was pretty obvious." Becky said as she got up and lead the way.

Seth followed Becky out to the sidewalk and tried to catch up with her.

"So this is what you wanted, huh?" Seth asked.

"What are your talking about?" Becky asked as they walked.

"I'm so fucking sorry, Rebecca.. I didn't know this was who you were or who you could be.." Seth tried to say.

"Seth.." Becky said as she stopped walking.

"You were right.. I never saw the real you. I just kept trying to turn you into this whole other person." Seth said.

Becky looked up at him and took a deep breath.

"I saw the ring." Becky said suddenly.

Seth froze for a moment, not expecting what Becky had said.

"You were gonna propose?" Becky asked.

Seth looked down shamefully.

"I'm happy for you.." Becky said.

"You are?" Seth asked.

"Of course.. Bayley is an amazing girl and you deserve nothing but the best." Becky said sincerely.

Seth let out a slight smile.

"Just don't cheat on this one, okay? She's special." Becky told him.

"She is.. special." Seth mused to himself.

Becky watched him for a moment, not wanting to admit that this was killing her a little inside.

"You were special too.. You know that right?" Seth asked.

"Not special enough, apparently." Becky said under her breath before walking on.