Chapter Thirty-Nine.

I look back at the clock and sigh. Thomas is not here yet. It's been an hour, maybe two. Maybe even three. Where is he? Why isn't he home yet? Is he alright? Maybe he went to meet with Tatiana.

Impossible. It's too late, and he needs to be fully ok to do so. But then, where is he? I should've asked Ada to stay with me. I know she never would've accepted, but I hate being alone right now. I need someone to tell me that Thomas is fine.

When I hear a car parking in front of the house, I look through the window and sigh in relief when I see Thomas running out of it. I quickly turn around and run out of the room. I run through the corridors, down the stairs, and when I finally arrive in the hall, I see him. I stop myself and bring my hands to my mouth when I see the state he is in. Tommy is covered in dust and dirt. I barely recognize him. Tears fall down my face as I finally see the extent of his distress. He let his coat fall on the floor as he runs to me.

I run to him and throw myself into his arm. Thomas falls to his knees, holding me tighter than ever, and my tears fall on his shoulder. His hands are shaking around my body, and I know he wants to say something, but he can't.

"Thank you," I whisper. "Thank you for coming back"

I didn't know it was possible, but he holds me even stronger. It's like he fears to let me go, he fears that I will be taken away from him again. But I won't. Not only because I won't let it happen again, but also because he won't let me go. I can feel it in the way he holds me, Thomas won't let me go ever again.

"Don't do this again," he begs. His voice is shaky and deep. "Don't disappear again. Don't go"

"I won't. I promise you, I won't"

Thomas breaks our hug, putting his hands on my cheeks, and his eyes fall on my body for a second. As I start to think he might check to see I am injured, Tommy does one of the two things I was waiting for him to do.

He kisses me.

Everything is quiet around us. We are not two anymore, we're just one. I can feel his hands caressing my skin, and I never want this kiss to end. It is powerful, gentle and so perfect. It doesn't feel unusual, it feels like home. I put my hands on his cheeks and wishes for this kiss to last forever. The softness of his lips against mine makes me crazy. The warmth emanating from him makes me want more. I want him. I want Thomas, not only physically but everything else. I want Thomas by my side, every day, every minute, every second. I want Thomas to be mine and mine only.

And when he breaks the kiss, I am not the only one thinking it. His eyes look at mine the same way I am looking at his.

"Don't ever leave me," he murmurs.

"I won't"

He kisses me again.

This time, it's not gentle nor warm. It's strong. He grabs my head firmly and presses his body against mine. The heat rose in my cheeks as his tongue touched mine, quick and delicious. With the same strength and desire, Thomas becomes more determined, more curious, seeking more than just a simple and innocent kiss.

"Don't leave me, Emma," he whispers again. "Don't fuckin' leave me"

"Then be mine," I say between two kisses. "Stand beside me, Thomas. Hold me, kiss me, be with me every-"

"I will," he replies quickly. "I promise you I will"

***

Thomas breaks our kiss and lay next to me. I lift my head to look at him and caress his naked chest. I kiss his skin, softly, and smile when his eyes meet mine.