Chapter Six.

"Where are we?" I ask when Mr Shelby stops the car in an alley.

"Small Heath" He replies.

He gets out of the car and when I am about to do the same, he points a finger at me, making me comprehend that I have to wait for him. I sigh and he comes on my side, check around him, and open my door. He gives me his hand to help me get out of the vehicle but when my feet are on the ground, he leaves my hand to close the car door.

"You will be safe here" Announces Mr Shelby when we walk toward a small terraced house.

He opens a door and invite me inside of the building. He closes the door behind us and checks, by the window, that no one is outside.

"What happened bac-"

"Tommy!" Screams a feminine voice.

I turn around and a see a woman, dressed in a red dress with black heels, rushing toward Mr Shelby.

"What the fuck happened at that gala?!"

"Italians Ada" Replies Mr Shelby.

"What? Why?!"

Then, Mr Shelby's gaze falls onto me. Immediately, the woman, who I think is named Ada, turns around to look at me.

"Who is she?" She asks.

"Ada, meet Ms Langdon"

I stretch out my hand to shake hers but she does not move.

"Ada, be nice" Says Mr Shelby in a reprimanded tone.

After that, the woman shakes my hand with a suspicious look on her face.

"Why did you bring her here?" Asks the woman.

"The Italians were after me, Ada. They saw her with me. You know what that means"

"I don't care what it means Tommy" She says while turning to look at him. "What the fuck are we gonna do?!"

"Polly is on her way, Ada. You stay here with Ms Langdon. Boys are coming to guard the door, I don't want anybody out"

I frown, completely confused by the situation. Then, Mr Shelby comes toward me and entrench its gaze into mine.

"You stay here. I'll come and get you when everything's over" He says with a tough tone.

I nod, not knowing what else to do. Mr Shelby nods too before walking to the door. At the last moment, he turns around to look at Ada and hand her an object.

"Emergencies only Ada" He says.

I move to my left to see what the object is and I finally understand that it is a gun. Why does she need a gun? But before I can ask, Mr Shelby is outside and walking to his car. The lady turns to look at me with a very worried look. This situation is more than embarrassing, I am trapped here with someone that I never met before and even if she is a woman, I am still uncomfortable.

"So" Starts the woman. "I assume you are one of Tommy's whore"

"Pardon me?" I say, very hurt by those words.

"You don't need to faint shame with me. I'm his sister, I know that Tommy fucks everything and everyone since his wife died"

His wife died? He has intercourse with everyone? What kind of man is he? Well, I assume he is the same kind as any men on this Earth.

"I am sorry Ms Shelby, but I am not involved in that kind of relationship with your brother" I reply with a very gentle voice.

"Mrs Thorne I prefer. And if you are not a whore, who are you then?"