Chapter Fifteen.

I let the bubbles of my bath tickle my whole body while I try to relax a bit. This past week has been very stressful. I haven't seen Thomas since the night I apparently fainted. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen any member of his family. They must be out of town. Or it could be the fact I didn't leave the house. There isn't a lot for me to do in Birmingham. Except for art galleries and shopping. But even so, I have a certain taste and certain stores I like to shop at. Birmingham does not offer them.

But London does.

I could go to Selfridges. It's been a while since I've seen Harry. I could even ask him to meet for dinner; I'm sure his wife, and himself, would be happy to. I could stay at The Savoy for a few nights, just enough for me to get new clothes and a bit of social life.

Once I'm in my dressing gown, I use the bell in my apartment to call one of the maids. And Alice is the first one to arrive.

"Yes Ma'am?"

"Tell Ackley we'll leave for London tomorrow a bit after lunch"

"Of course Ma'am"

***

As I'm paying a little visit to my horses, I hear footsteps behind me. When I turn around and see Thomas' little brother, John, a huge smile stretches my lips.

"What a pleasure to see you, Mr Shelby!"

He seems surprised by my display of happiness. Why? I always thought we had a good relationship. Or, we're on good terms at least.

"Really?" He asks.

"Of course! What's bringing you here?"

"I wanted to talk about last week, in private. You know, without the family," he replies before scoffing.

"I am not so sure what you want to talk about exactly"

"What do you mean? Don't you wanna talk about last week?"

"Well, I don't remember much about last week. So, you may be going to do all the talking," I explain in an amusing tone.

"Does Thomas knows about it?" Asks John, visibly concerned.

"Of course. He is the one who drove me home," I reply as if it is the stupidest question ever. "Well, that's what he assured me when I woke up"

"Woke up? Thomas spent the night?"

"No. He left thirty minutes after I woke up. I fainted when we got home"

Immediately, the worried face of John turns into a relieved one. "So, you don't remember a fucking thing from last week?"

"I do remember the week. But the evening I supposedly spent with Thomas is a complete blur to me. But I would like to know more about the party we were at. Thomas didn't have the time to tell me"

A smile stretches John's lips as he takes off his beret. "I have the time to tell you about it. If you want"

"Of course. Let's go inside and have a cup of tea"

"Alright"

***

"Did you really?"

"Of course I fucking did!" Shouts John.

We both burst into laughter. I never thought John could be so amusing and full of life. He is the complete opposite of Thomas; always smiling, laughing and ready to do anything stupid. I never had a close friend, or a brother, who could've been like him. But I am glad I found him. Or, he found me.