A Stormy Night

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(Mimikyu sitting alone on a comfy couch, staring out the window to watch the falling snow.)

So... Here we are, nearing the end of the year... It's been pretty fun, hasn't it?

...

Two years ago... Over two years ago I never would've guessed that I would be writing two fics that have so many people enjoy, especially since I hated writing in general. Heh, how times have changed...

(Gets up and jumps to the floor, moving to the lit-up fireplace.)

Now, if you were to ask me what I enjoy doing the most, then I guess it would have to be writing these fics. They just make me feel happy, they make me feel... important. It just brings so much satisfaction writing these and then watching people comment on them, letting me know that there are people both reading and enjoying them... But now, here is the chapter I said I was nearly done writing previously. I finished the edits on it a while ago, but decided to wait to post this as my Christmas gift for all of you. The 24th chapter for the 24th of December. Fitting, right? Heh. Not only that, but my other fic has also been updated along with this one. Such great presents, if I do say so myself.

(Turns to tall, decorated Christmas tree next to him.)

So... Like I also said in the previous chapter, now that I've posted this one, from now on, I'll be focusing on my other fic, To Be A Hero. I wonder how long it'll take me to get caught up to my writing for that fic... I don't know, but know that I'll be doing my best to write and post those chapters, I promise you guys that.

(Walks to one of the presents underneath the tree.)

But for now...

(Unwraps present)

Appreciate this gift from me, alright?

______________________________________________

~{Bridge Field Cave- Forty Minutes Before Nessa Left}~

*Snoooooooooooorre!!!!!*

Victor was completely awake with an unamused look on his face, lying on the ground in his tent and wrapped in his yellow sleeping bag as if in a cocoon. The loud snoring next to him was Hop, the noise even louder than the sounds of thunder from outside. Their pokemon were stored in Pokeballs for the night, as the tent was too cramped for all of them.

"Yeah... I don't think I'm sleeping much..." The boy thought with a sigh, unzipping his sleeping bag and sitting up. His current clothing was the same as earlier, with the white Shuckle-designed T-shirt and gray sweatpants to go with it.

"I guess I could use 'Rest' to immediately put myself to sleep... The only problem is that I'm guaranteed to wake up after a certain amount of time in the middle of the night..."

He stretched his arms up with a small groan.

"Although, I'll be asleep for MUCH longer if I'm injured... Learned that the hard way with Sensei."

Thinking of his Greninja friend, Victor paused and lowered his arms, then letting himself fall back on top of his sleeping bag while staring up in thought.

"That's right... It's been a while since I've seen Sensei... I haven't even-"

Victor suddenly sat up with completely widened eyes.