The Calm After The Storm

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(A Mimikyu is seated high in a fire escape, looking down in an alleyway to watch a short blue-haired male with a microphone beep-bop against a tall, electric-guitar-sounding man with a bomb as his head, with a shorter woman in a red dress holding a boombox between them.)

Yeah, they're all probably gonna blow up... Good music though.

...

(Glances behind him.)

Oh! Um... Hi everyone. It's good to see you all again. It's been a long time. So like the previous chapter, I wrote this one because it's been far too long since I posted a chapter of this. I mainly worked on small bits of this whenever I couldn't find myself writing anything in my other fanfic, and by the time that chapter was done, this one was also done, so I decided to post them both at the same time.

So yeah, with this chapter, I've got a chapter of To Be A Hero posted too. Oh at least, it should be posted by now.

But anyway... What even happened last time? God, it's been a while... I think I remember our boy almost dying, then being scooped up by the water-type beauty? Oh yeah, then there were a few awkward moments here and there before...

Ah, that's right. He was taking responsibility. What a good boy.

...

Oh wait, Gloria was there, wasn't she?

Welp, whatever happens, happens.

(An ear-piercing scream shakes the area as half of the alleyway on the bomb man's side seems to shatter reality.)

Ah, looks like things are picking up. Time to watch the show.

(Leans against the fire escape bars and stares.)

___________________________________________

It turns out that what broke in the cave was Gloria.

Victor's claim of 'taking responsibility' resulted in the girl completely shutting down. Her eyes were completely lifeless as her body fell over, with Ace barely able to catch her before she could hit the ground.

Nessa's whole face burned with red as her eyes and mouth hung wide open, the young woman trembling at Victor's tempting offer.

Marnie's whole head started steaming as an image of what she assumed Victor and Nessa 'did' briefly flashed her mind, to which she immediately buried her face in her Morpeko and muffled a flustered squeak.

Twilight sweatdropped with a sigh, Midori was flailing his arms in worry at the fallen Scottish girl, and Ace irked at Gloria's weight as he gently laid her down on the ground. All the wild pokemon stayed close together with mixed reactions to what was happening in front of them.

And Morpeko merely deadpanned.

As for Victor, he completely panicked when Gloria fell over, frantic eyes watching her but not daring to move out of the only blanket covering him up.

"Gloria!? You didn't just die, did you!?!"

"Ain't got nothin' tae live for..."

"Wait, that's really scary! Don't say that!"

Nessa clutched her head and looked down as her eyes turned into spirals and her mouth converged into a squiggly line.

"He thinks we did it! What kind of kid immediately assumes that!? Did he lose even more common sense when he hit his head!? Did he mix up fantasy with his memories!? Wait, but if that's the case, then would he have actually wanted to-!?!"