Understanding One's Improvements

"Skwo! Skwo!"

"Rooki! Rooki!"

"Greedent Gree!"

Many watching pokemon cheered as Victor stood on top of a small boulder on only one foot. He had his arms stretched out in the shape of a T but with one knee raised up. In both of his palms and on top of his head, the boy was balancing cups of water. His clothes showed signs of being soaked already, yet he kept an earnest look of determination as he struggled to keep balance.

Greninja was on another boulder beside him, effortlessly keeping balance on one foot with his eyes closed and arms crossed. He just remained silent as Victor showed shaky movement, only waiting for when the boy would lose his balance... again.

They were in the foggy forest that was the Slumbering Weald once more, right beside a river that they used to fill the cups whenever Victor would fall. It was night time, as they had agreed to teach Victor mostly at night since he was always awake at that time anyway.

"Gre." Greninja cued a few Rookidees waiting on the side.

"Rooki!" Two of them flapped their wings and flew up to each of Victor's arms.

The moment both landed on both arms, the boy's balance tipped over.

"GYAH!"

The Rookidees flew up as Victor fell off the rock and onto the grass while the water he was holding spilled onto him in the process.

"Gre. Greninja-"

"I know, I know, find my 'core' position that I can stay in without struggling to balance!" Victor said as he got back up.

"Grenin-"

"And spread out my toes, so it's easier to stand on one leg..." He muttered as he picked up the cups.

Greninja nodded as Victor went back to the river and filled the cups to use again.

"This is harder than I thought..."

"Ninja. Greninja."

Victor climbed back up the boulder while holding the cups but raised an eyebrow at what Greninja said. "Keep my spine straight when balancing so I don't shift forward or back?"

"Ja."

"Don't you think you should've told me that sooner?"

"..." Greninja turned away. "Ninja."

"You forgot!?"

_____________________________________

"Um, Victor. Why are you balancing a cup on your head?" Hop asked with a question mark over his head.

Hop and Victor were sitting beside each other on the couch as the TV showed a pokemon stadium battle.

Victor turned to Hop, the plastic cup on his head balanced perfectly.

"I'm learning to keep my body balanced. I'm actually getting pretty good at it."

"...But why though?" Hop asked.

"So, I don't fall over."

"..." Hop confusingly turned back to the television screen before forming an ear to ear grin. "Look! It's Lee! That's my brother!"

Victor turned back to the screen and saw an older boy who seemed to be only around the age of ten. On the screen was his name displayed, Leon.

"He's the Galar champion!" Hop bragged proudly.

Victor was surprised. "But he's not even a grown-up."

"That just shows how strong he and his pokemon are!" Hop jumped on the couch excitingly, to which Victor had trouble keeping his cup balanced on his head from the bouncy movement.