Understanding One's Own Abilities

~{Postwick, Victor's Home- 11:12 AM}~

4-year old Victor sat on a table across from his mother with a rather curious stare. The house they were in was now filled to the brim with new furniture. They were all basic things, such as a new blue carpet and a mattress with some blankets for Victor's room, a new blue couch with a coffee table in the living room, and even the new wooden table that he was sitting at with his mother in the kitchen.

Obtaining this furniture was all thanks to none other than Hop's family. They said that their son, Leon, had recently become champion of the Galar region and had been sending them tons of money from his winnings. Since the family of a rural setting didn't know what to do with this mone, they decided to use it to help this new family move in.

When Hop's family had visited Victor's new house and saw the emptiness, they wondered what happened. Then Victor's mother had to explain to them vaguely that they had suddenly run away from their previous home and in search of a new life to live. They were surprisingly very kind and understanding, even offering any type of help whatsoever to help them adjust in the future.

At the same time, Hop and Gloria immediately started to get along with Victor. They all had the same enthusiasm for pokemon and found it easy to talk to each other. Hop was even okay with lending Victor more of his clothes and letting him keep his favorite gray beanie that the boy was already wearing. The family wished for Victor and his mother to meet Leon, but the woman refused with a claim that for now, Victor should interact with as few people as he could, as much as she wanted to let him out. When asked why, she responded that there had to be many things sorted out with her child.

Speaking of which, the woman in question sat across from Victor with a rather serious stare. She was cleaner and had gotten new clothes. She wore a set over light blue overalls, what looked like a white dress shirt underneath, and wore white gardening boots with a flower design on it.

The two of them were alone in their house with the addition of the Munchlax sleeping on the couch. The only sound that rang in the house was the constant ticking of a new clock beside Victor's plain bed in the next room.

"Victor... Do you know why I told you to sit down?" His mother asked him.

"Because I wanna go outside?" Victor answered, rather sad.

"Yes... Victor, I know that you want to go around and make friends, but you can't yet..."

"Am I sick, mama!?" Victor cried out.

"No, you're not." His mother reassured him. "I just never explained to you what happened to your body."

"Eh?" Victor looked curious.

"Listen, Victor... Do you remember where we were living before?"

"Um, you told me it was a 'lab'? Somewhere adults study and do tests?"

"Yes... But Victor, do you remember going into that capsule?"

"Capsule?" A question mark appeared over the boy's head.

"The bed inside the little machine that daddy told you to go inside?"

Victor looked down as he thought about it.

"Oh! Daddy told me that sleeping in it would make me into a special person!" He looked unsure of himself. "Did I do something wrong?"

His mother shook her head side to side. "No, you didn't, Victor. You did end up becoming that special person daddy said you'd be..."

"How?" Victor stared expectantly at her.

His mother took a deep breath.

"You have powers, Victor."