The Lass Of Spikemuth

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

(Mimikyu driving in a car within a city with a star in the top-right corner)

I didn't even do anything!? That guy just drove into the gas station and blew up! I had nothing to do with it!

(Takes a sharp turn on the street to outrun the police before seeing you.)

O-Oh, hi! Um... I swear this isn't what it looks like! Er-I-Um, I know, let's go over the previous chapter! So last time, Victor met up with both Team Yell and Marnie to have wholesomeness with them! And now, our two rivals are going to have at each other in a pokemon battle! I wonder how things are going to end up!? I wonder what's going to happen afterward!? Let's find out now!

(Police sirens get closer as now two stars appear)

Wha-!? What did I even do!?

__________________________________

~{Wild Area, In front of Motostoke- 11:15 PM}~

Victor and Marnie were a good distance away from each other as the moonlight shined down upon them, spotlighting what was going to be their battle.

"Go, Marnie!"

The four Team Yell grunts on the side cheered energetically while Marnie nervously shivered with a small blush out of embarrassment.

"Wh-Why are ya lot still here!? Ya should be back at Spikemuth!" She timidly shouted at them.

"Why wouldn't we be here supportin' our goddess!?" One of the grunts holding up a banner of Marnie shouted.

"Geez... You lot..." Marnie turned away from them with a sigh.

"Mor! Mor!" Her Morpeko smiled on the ground beside her trainer, always amused to see Marnie's fans supporting her.

Marnie then stared across from her towards her opponent, Victor. The boy was sitting in a cross-legged manner with all of his pokemon around him, casually talking to them while waiting for Marnie to ready up. Ace and Twilight stood with stoic looks, while Midori curiously stared down at Tesla still in the backpack.

"Should ya really have all your pokemon out? It gives away info about your team." Marnie called from afar.

Victor and his pokemon glanced at her, to which the boy stood up straight and adjusted his beanie with a grin.

"That won't really matter, because if everything keeps going the way it's been going, then I'll be sure to win this battle too!"

Marnie pulled out a Dusk Ball, her expression suddenly changing to a cold, but determined look, one that was nearly the same as her usual unintentional glare.

"We'll see about that."

Victor chuckled, "Well now, she really does have such a natural fighting face."

"I'll feel awful if I lose... But-!" She held her Dusk Ball with both hands and pulled them back while raising a leg, getting into a pitching stance, "-there's no way I'm gonna!"

She then tossed her Dusk Ball forward as Victor pointed a finger ahead.

"Start the show, Ace!"

Ace ran forward with his hands stuffed in his pouch, for some reason.

Out of Marnie's Dusk Ball came a Croagunk, a dark blue, yellow-eyed, bipedal Pokémon that resembles a poison dart frog.

"Croa!" It looked to have a smile as he got into a fighting position.