The First Steps For Adventure

Any feedback would be appreciated, whether it's for complimenting the story, pointing out something wrong, asking a question, or to give out a suggestion.

_______________________________________

Something was rubbing against his cheek.

"Nngh..." Victor groaned as each of his senses started to return one by one.

He felt the soft fur of a pokemon rubbing his cheek.

He could smell a mixture of the grass and soil with his face so close to the ground.

He heard multiple voices calling out to him, including the worried squeals of his own pokemon.

He could even taste some of the dirt that had gone to his mouth.

"GROSS!" Victor shot up completely awake and started spitting the soil.

"Victor!!" Hop and Gloria both shouted as they helped pull the boy to his feet.

"Scor! Scor!" Scorebunny hopped up onto his partner's shoulder and nuzzled his cheek against him while Victor spat the last bit of dirt from his mouth.

"Gross, gross, gross! Ugh..." Victor coughed in disgust.

"You're alive!!" Hop and Gloria both hugged each side of him in a tight embrace.

But Victor felt his back ache.

"Ow, ow! Hold on!"

Both humans backed up in worry.

"What is it!?" Hop was the first to ask.

"Ugh! My back!" Victor winced as he put a hand upon it. "I think I rammed into a tree..."

Gloria immediately went behind Victor and pulled the back of his shirt up, catching sight of a large red bruise on his back.

She let out a breath of relief. "It ain't too bad. It should be fine later."

"Right..." Victor didn't sound so convinced but decided to hold that matter as he noticed his surroundings. "Did... Did the fog get clearer?"

"Yeah, it was so thick before I passed out." Hop ashamedly admitted.

"Guys. I need a favor from you both. Don't tell my mom any of this. If she figures out that I got hurt from a pokemon, who knows when she'll ever let me out of the house again." Victor said with a serious gaze.

"We won't say anything." Gloria reassured him, "But what was that? Those were two pokemon I've never seen before."

"I don't know either, and I've been studying them a lot too..." Victor said in frustration of knowing that there were still pokemon he had no knowledge about.

"Scor! Bun!" Ace whined.

"I'm fine, Ace. Don't worry." Victor smiled at his partner.

"Guys!!!" Someone shouted.

They all turned their heads and saw Leon running towards them.

"Lee!? How the hell did you and your sense of directions find us!?" Hop asked in astonishment.

"I see you're still cracking jokes even though I've been worried sick!" Leon shouted as he arrived at the group and put his hands on his hips. "I was waiting for you guys for ages, but you didn't show up!"

"How long were we out?" Victor wondered as he rubbed his head.

"We came to look for a missing Wooloo that came in here. Speaking of which, we never found it!!" Gloria realized in horror.