First Day of School

Early one morning Will Halstead was getting ready for the day, he was currently getting ready for work and getting his 5 year-old little girl, Luna ready for her very first day of school. Jay had came through the door, he was already for work and wanted to see his little niece off on her first day of school. Jay could see how nervous his brother was, since Will had his daughter she'd always go with him to the hospital day care with him till she hit pre K.

Jay would watch his niece in a heartbeat. He'd do just about anything for his family. His brother and niece were everything to him, only a few people know about Luna. The less people know the better, Jay'd never forgive himself if something happened to his niece because of him.

He put a gentle hand on his brother's shoulder. "She's gonna be fine man. Luna will be perfectly fine" Jay told his brother.

"I'm nervous Jay, she's still very little. Maybe it's too soon". Will replied.

"Dude, she's 5 this is when all kids are starting school. She'll be fine. Besides who's gonna be dumb or stupid enough to mess with her knowing who I am? Luna is gonna be fine".

"I've gotten so used to her being with me at the hospital in the daycare. When I wanted to see her or just check on her I went there now I gotta leave work and get to her".

"I do too, I'm still gonna help you with this. If you can't pick her up I will all I gotta do is tell Hank and he'll understand. Why don't we pick Luna up we take her to the park or something. Get ice cream".

"I have to work and so do you".

"You work night shifts so you can spend the days with Luna. I watch her at night. It'll be a few minutes anyway, we'll get her an ice cream and play at the park or something. It's been a while since we had a family outing just the three of us".

"You are right. It'll be good for just us 3 to have an outing. It's been a while since we spent any time little brother". He ruffled his brother's hair.

"I may be younger than you but I'm taller than you".

Will chuckled. Just then the little pitter-patter of feet came down the steps and down came a little girl, Luna Bella Halstead was the spitting image of her father. Her facial features were his down to a point. Her hair was a light red color and she had bright green crystal eyes that she had gotten from her mother. She wore a sky blue shirt that says, 'Daddy's Princess' she wore pink jeans and rainbow shoes. Will had done her hair in a braid.

"Daddy, I changed my mind. I don't wanna go to school. I wanna stay with you and Uncle Jay". Luna said.

Going over to his little girl he bent down to her level. "It's alright sweetheart. School is gonna be so much fun and you'll make lots of new friends and learn new things".

"But you and Uncle Jay won't be there".

Jay had went over to his little niece and bent down giving her a gentle smile.

"It's gonna be alright munchkin. I loved school because I made so many new friends and so will you. You're a very likeable person and a very adorable little peanut". He gently pinched her cheek.

Luna giggled. She went to the table and ate a bowl of steaming hot oatmeal, Will and Jay talked while sipping coffee. Once the five-year-old was finished she gave her bowl to Jay and he set it in the sink Will grabbed her lunch bag and backpack heading out.

When they arrived to the school Luna was getting very nervous and anxious again. She gripped her father's and uncle's hands tightly as they walked in. As soon as they got to the classroom it was filled with other kids and their parents dropping them off. Just then the teacher went over.