We Are Family

*Picks up from the previous chapter. This is a small take I thought of*

Luna- 11

What the hell had Will done? He crossed a huge boundary not to mention he cheated on Natalie with the mother of his daughter. He kissed Gia. He hasn't been able to stop thinking about it. Everything about it felt so perfect and so right. Like they belonged.

Luna had wanted to spend the day with her father, she had an off day from school. All the teachers had meetings and Will had a rare day off. He wanted to spend it with Luna. The eleven-year-old had wanted to go shopping for the upcoming father-daughter dance. She wanted to try and have her dress match with her father's suit.

If it was one thing Will had been good at over the years, picking out his daughter's outfits and clothes. At first he couldn't tell you anything about picking out girls' clothes now he could pick out an entire wardrobe of them.

He was on his phone texting Gia his and their daughter's plans, he was also texting Natalie the plans in case she ended up looking for him. Luna came out dressed in a light green dress. It was sleeveless. The top half looked like a kind of top and the lower half was big and puffy. Around the middle looked like a diamond belt going around. The green had complimented her long fiery red hair that fell into long perfect curls.

When the redhead father laid eyes on his baby girl he couldn't believe how much she's grown in just 11 years. It still felt as if yesterday she showed up on his doorstep in a small car seat.

She twirled in the dress. "What do you think daddy?"

"It's perfect sweetheart. Perfect for my princess"

"You really think so?"

"I know so"

"I can't wait to show mom"

Will froze as his daughter talked. He and Gia still hadn't had a full discussion since the two kissed. They hadn't known what it meant as far as their relationship. He was engaged to Natalie. She wasn't seeing anyone. Could it have meant nothing? Could it potentially mean something? Sure they have a child together. But nobody would ever go that far as to kissing their child's other parent if they weren't together. He was so lost in his thoughts he didn't hear his daughter calling him till she felt him tugging his shirt.

"Whatcha tugging on me for you little munchkin?" He pulled her close, tickling her.

Luna giggled. "I surrender"

"Go change and we'll see if your mom wants to get lunch with us"

"Can I show her the dress too?"

"Of course you can"

Will was too much of a sucker at times to tell his daughter no. Once Luna was once again wearing her regular clothes and Will paid for the dress the father and daughter left heading out.

Gia was taking a quick break needing some air, focusing on the case was hard when all she could think about was kissing the father of her daughter. She hadn't been that close or remotely that intimate with Will in years when they kissed it felt as if all that came flooding back.

Her phone buzzed with a text from Will. -Wanna grab lunch with me and Luna?

An outing with her daughter and Will. Like a normal family. Family. They were her family. She and Will weren't together but they cared for each other, they loved each other. They have a beautiful daughter from their love.

Something else had been bugging Gia, earlier that morning she had gotten a job offer to work full time in Washington DC over at the FBI field office out there. She'd have to leave Chicago and start her life all over again in another state, another city. Possibly uproot her daughter from the only home she's most likely ever known away from her family and friends here.