Sins of The Mother

*Picks up from previous chapter*

Luna- 10

When Luna had heard those words from the woman she had moved back some with an upset look on her face. Gia held her daughter's hand but the ten year old had snatched it back.

"I know you're mad but I can explain," Gia said.

"No. You left me just...just go away" Luna pushed her away.

"Lu Lu please"

"Don't call me that just go away"

The ten year old stormed away, Gia looked on as a tear fell from her eye. Soon after she had left the school. Luna had run out the back way, she didn't wanna get caught by her uncle's partners. The ten year old started to run as fast as she could.

As she ran a man from a van had watched her and began following her.

Gia was upset when her daughter shoved her away but part of her didn't blame her. She did abandon her for ten long years and didn't call or even write a letter. If she was in her daughter's shoes she'd feel the exact same way. The young woman had ended up at a bar and ordered some drinks.

As she drank them someone came in the bar, it was a man who was slightly older, he wore regular clothes and he went over and sat next to Gia.

"I guess things never change with you" The man, Terry said.

Before she could respond to him she looked at him and her eyes widened, her blood ran cold. "Terry"

"You thought you could leave New York without paying me?"

"I paid what I could"

"You owe men 10 grand you gave a mere 500 bucks. I want all my money. I expect it all or I'll have to pay your precious little girl a visit"

Gia had shot him a look. "Don't you dare bring my daughter into this"

"Then get my money or the next time you see her. Her head will be in a box"

"I'll do what I can"

Terry then left the bar and called his guy. "Pick the kid up. Gia needs to learn a lesson"

His other guy who was still following Luna, he got out of the van and followed the youngest Halstead. He caught up with her and quickly snatched her. Luna looked back scared as she tried to fight. As she fought he put a needle in her neck and pushed down. Soon the ten year old went limp in his arms as he put her in the van and drove off.

At 2:30 school had let out, Adam had waited outside the car for the mini Halstead as he called her. All the kids ran out the building and went their ways after the crowd of kids was gone Adam still didn't see Luna. He was getting a really bad feeling.

"Kev, I'm gonna head inside and see what's taking Luna so long," Adam told his partner.

"Want me to come with?" Kevin responded.

"Stay here for the moment"

Kevin nodded and Adam went inside, Adam went to the office and pulled his badge.

"Excuse me, Chicago PD, I was looking for a student. Luna Halstead"

The secretary looked in the folder. "She hasn't been back in class after lunch. We called and notified her father"

Adam phased out after that all he took in was Luna's missing. Jay and Will would have his and Kevin's heads. He ran out.

"Kev we got a problem"

Over at the 21st Will had gotten the phone call about his daughter missing. He marched up the steps to see his brother.

"Jay!" Will called going up the steps.