Chapter -11 Secret Friends

Cami was continuously crying. She didn't even change her clothes and was trying Becca's phone in the hope that she will pick her call and invite her again.

Soon her phone pinged and instantly saw a notification. She thought Becca might have messaged her, but saw it's an Instagram notification from her sister. She opened it and it's a live video where she was enjoying the party.

Cami again cried. She saw the background and saw Columbus ride and how others were enjoying it. All this is so heartbreaking for Cami. She patted her heart and whisper, "It's ok, Cami... it's ok. We will also not invite her."

Soon Marina entered and made her sit on her lap. Cami hugged her and whispered," Granny, Shall I say sorry to Becca and her mother. Maybe, yesterday I did something and hurt her. If I apologize, maybe she will invite me again. "

Marina's eyes hardened and looked at Cami," You know what... pick your things and let's go. We are going there."

Cami's eyes twinkled and she picks everything. Marina knows going there will hurt her more. but it's a lesson for Cami, to never expect too much and have self-respect.

Self -respect. What do kids know about this? Nothing. They just want to play and enjoy.

Cami and Granny came out of the house when Cami turned around and saw her mother, looking at them from the window. Cami joined her hands and shook her head asking her to be not mad at her or granny. She knew she is defying her mother's order. And it's rude to go to a party hen someone has not invited you.
Without uttering anything both mother and daughter said unsaid words. Where Little Cami is asking for permission to allow her to let her visit her friend. And her mother permitted her by just nodding her head.

******
Soon, they reached the venue. When Marina tries to move forward and pass the security, Cami clutched her hand and shook her head.
"what happened? Let's go."

Cami sadly looked at her Granny, "No... let's go back." Marina understood that now Cami doesn't want to go inside. That 10 minutes silent walk was very heavy for little Cami. She was recalling everything how she was excited and now she feels like going there she will be unwanted and a burden on Becca. 

They both turned around to go. When they crossed the backside of the venue where there was no security, just a fence where everything can be seen easily.

Cami stopped and saw her classmates. She holds the fence and looked inside. There she saw her classmates enjoying rides. Cami's eyes twinkled looking at the ride and she smiled. " Wow! Granny sees Columbus ride there. Look! Mickey mouse there. " just by looking at them from outside she got excited. Marina saw her smiling and asked, "Cami, come down. You will hurt yourself. Let's go."
Cami turned around," Granny please just stay here, let me look at them. If I can't touch them it's ok, at least let me see them. I'm not even inside the venue. So, nobody will notice me."
She again looked at her classmates & said," Let me see them. I'll think I'm also there. At least let me be there in my imagination."

Cami looked at them and then closed her eyes imagining herself on that Columbus ride, meeting with Elsa and Mickey mouse." But soon she opened her eyes when she heard bday song. She saw Becca who was smiling and the beautiful Rapunzel cake. She licked her lips. When the bday song was going on Cami again tried to call Becca in the hope she will change her mind. But soon her hope shattered when she saw Becca's pissed expression and how she cut the call.  
She felt humiliated, embarrassed in front of her Granny. But her heart shattered when she saw Becca hugging everyone. That time Cami felt betrayed. She whispered to herself," She just doesn't want me to touch her."
Seeing this her eyes filled with tears again. This pain was unbearable. She was hurt. She wiped her tears and again looked at her last time When Becca also saw her this time. Becca was shocked looking at Cami. Cami instantly jumped down from the fence.