Chapter-19 Dami

" When a rainbow girl loses her inner light gradually…"

"Great, now my daughter is going to compete with some freak. Good job Becca. I see under her influence you have registered your name for the ballerina." said her mother, who was furiously typing on her laptop. Becca was standing there with her head bowed and not uttering a single word. When the bell rang, Stacey enters munching chips. Afterward, she sensed the atmosphere was very tense. Stacey hid the paper behind her, as she was not sure whether Becca's mother will allow her or not. 

Becca, as being observative, asked "What are you hiding?"

Her mother raised her brows, asking her the same question. Stacey, hesitantly, forwarded the form in front of her. The form stated that she also wanted to get register in Ballerina Dance.
Becca was shocked, saying “Stacey, you can't. You don't know anything about this. Mom, tell her she can't do it." Her mother was also frustrated, looking at the form, but looking at Stacey's sorrowful face, she simply allowed her. 

Thereafter, Becca noticing her mother’s leniency was determined to change her mother's decision "Mom, you never allowed me anything. I asked you thousand times, but you never agreed to anything that pleases me."

She didn’t want Stacey to be in this favorable place and experience the feeling of participating in Ballerina Dance. She has sacrificed her deep feelings and craving for the ballet. Stacey can't let her snatch that from her. 

After her inner sorrowful and sentimental thoughts, Becca returned to her reality, by blinking her eyes, and then asked angrily, "Why did you it in the first place? You participated without even asking. At least, someone knows to take my permission. Look, I'm also not happy that you both are doing this thing. But it's good Stacey will be there with you. You both can motivate each other and she will keep you away from that freak show." saying, she left both the girls alone.  

Becca was heartbroken, she can't believe that her mother allowed Stacey at once. Since she is five years old, she has never allowed her. And then again, she was stuck with Stacey.

She looked at her, stating "You don't like the ballerina thing. Then, what has been changed? Why now?" Stacey simply responded "I still don't like it. But I want to try something new. As you know, I'm a genius in every field."

The taunt in her tone didn't go unnoticed by Becca. Immediately, Becca scoffed, narrowing her eyes "You were. Did you forget who stood first this time?" Stacey bit her cheek, seemingly annoyed "I get distracted. So what, Focus on Class Representative voting. That's the only thing you are good at.  I wonder if your so-called partner would snatch this also."  
Becca smirked at this "Just stay away from us."

Finally, Becca walked out of this place, not wanting to be around obnoxious Stacey. She couldn’t stand this behavior of hers. Cami was her true friend and she would never make her feel this awful feeling of inconvenience and betrayal. 

************

"But why don’t you want me to be Class Representative?" Cami innocently asked with a pout.

Becca expressed her thoughts honestly to Cami "Because this is the only thing I'm good at. I cram things to write answers. This is the only thing I'm good at. I know you also want it badly, but if you kindly give up, I'll give you 30 gifts on your birthday next month. Don’t take this away from me". She stared at Cami’s eyes, showing her off her sorrow and distress of being defeated. 

When Cami still didn't budge, Becca pleaded her "Cami, please. My mother is still angry with me. I want and need this."

Then, Cami observes Becca’s facial expressions and she was completely convinced, stating, "Fine, I'll ask Ms. Honey to cancel my name."