Chapter-8 Invitation

3 months later...

Cami was still eating with the freak club. She still didn't earn her place to sit with her classmates during lunch. She looked at them who were laughing and then she looked at the students sitting with her and pouted, "when am I going to sit with them?"

They just shrugged their shoulders and shook their head. Lisa who was munching French fries asked," why do you want to sit with them? I don't like them. They always make fun of me." Cami looked at Lisa and forwarded her lunchbox towards them, "I don't know. But they look cool. Always laugh at silly jokes. When I tell them a joke they just rolled their eyes."

After a minute she continued," are my jokes bad? I think they are. You know what...I'm going to search for jokes on the internet and tell them. Maybe then they will allow us to sit with them. Are you all with me? Raise your hand."She looked at them and noticed that it's only her who has raised her hand. All of them looked annoyed and huffed. " What? Don't you want those guys to like you?"

"Like...." Ian scoffed " they hate us. They are not good people to be friends with. Cami, drop the idea. They are never going to accept us. We are not equal to them." explained Ian. Cami again looked at them," you guys are so demotivating. Trust me soon I'll join them and will tell them that you guys are awesome. They will also let you join....just have faith in me. "Soon she excused herself for the washroom.

*****
While washing hands, she heard her classmates discussing Becca's birthday. She listened to them and thought, 'hmmm, so Becca's birthday is in next month. But why didn't she tell me."
Tapping her finger on her head she talked to herself, "maybe she must have forgotten. Soon, she will tell me. But by that time I should start buttering Granny for the gift. She is very miser, she will not give me money so easily for the gift. But what should I gift?" She was really thinking very hard when Kathy barged into the washroom and saw her talking to herself.

"Are you talking to yourself? I don't know you have some mental problems also." Cami looked at her and smacked her head," only special people talk to themselves. You won't understand as you are not special." Kathy felt sad and nodded her head. Cami, looked at her sad expression and rolled her eyes and took her head," but don't worry I'll make you also special."Kathy's eyes twinkled, "really? How? When?"
" uff, you ask a lot of questions. A special girl's friend is also special. Soon, you'll become special too. All you have to do is do my homework. Will you do it?"Kathy frowned but soon nodded her head. As she also wanted to be special and wanted to be like Camilla. Kathy also secretly wished to join her classmates and sit with them instead of a freak club. And she knew that Camilla will find her way.

Camilla smirked when Kathy accepted her condition. Now, all she has to focus on buttering her, Granny. Kids are innocent. They believe everything that others say. Kathy believed Camilla. Whereas Cami is in her own special world. But life has it's own way, it knew how to play with innocence and crumble others worlds.

*****

Cami was doing her work when she noticed Becca discussing her birthday plans. "Guys, trust me. Mickey Mouse and Elsa from frozen are coming to my party." Cami, left all her work and turned to her and started listening to everything.

Becca saw her and smiled then she continued, 'I'm so excited about my birthday. There will be so many swings, a Colombus ride, a Ferris wheel, and a Rapunzel cake. I'm so excited." "Really? Cake? Rapunzel cake. I have never eaten that cake. I have heard that it's very expensive." Asked Cammi, who also got excited.

"Yes, there will be cake. And my mother is personally managing this event. It's very important to me. There will be so many gifts. I love gifts. "Soon, she took out the invitation cards from her bag and distributed them to everyone. Cami saw her and got excited. But soon, frowned when she didn't receive the birthday invitation card. All other students were admiring the cards and smiling. When Becca, sit in her place, she was smiling as everyone was telling her how beautiful the card is. And they were asking her what gift does she want.