Chpter-30 Toxicity in the air

"Toxic people only care for protecting their character and their horrific faults by any means, such as defecting onto their victims or accusing the vulnerable victim of the exact actions they do but always denied. What these individuals usually do, is a tarnished reflection of themselves. Can someone really stop them?"

Listening to this false accusation, Isabella's eyes widened, and then she yelled at Becca's mother "What did you just say?"
Mrs. Smith smirked and cockily looked at her, stating "Your ugly filthy daughter laid her filthy hands on my daughters. I won't let this slide so easily. I'll make sure she pays for it."

Isabella's anger amplified more, screaming "How dare you?". After the yelling part, she menacingly marched towards Mrs. Smith, who was already prepared for a fight.

Robert quickly interfered coming in between them and shook his head, showing his disappointment. He looked at both the grown-up women and noticed scratches on their hands and faces. He, then, tried to persuade the cocky and obnoxious lady by taking full responsibility and offered to pay the medical bills for the physical and mental trauma, which had been caused. Nonetheless, the rude lady was utterly blind in a complete rage. She, then, turned her attention to the cops and asked them why they were not arresting her and simply stalling around.

Cami, as being frightened, hid behind her mother, but they grabbed her hands and cuffed them. She screamed again for her mother and pleadingly looked at Robert to stop them immediately.

Seeing this, Robert's heart twisted like someone stabbed his heart with knives and kingly asked the cops to uncuff her petite hands. Then, he stated he will bring her to the station by himself. Finally, he warned Mrs. Smith took the complaint back before he reached the station with Cami. Robert badly wanted her to withdraw this degrading "charge" against his little and innocent daughter. In his mind, Cami has already been through a lot due to the blackouts.

____******____

At the station, cops asked Cami about her mother's name and father's name. While the police officer was writing the father's name, Cami said Vincent, while Robert simultaneously uttered his name. Isabella was about to intervene, when she got the shock of her life, as Cami unknowingly decided to reveal information about Vincent.

Cami frowned and informed with pride "No, he is not my daddy. My daddy is Vincent. He was in the army, served the country. I will also join the army and serve the country just like he has already done.".

Robert turned his head and faced Isabella, who was attentively staring at Cami in utter shock. As he was processing Cami's revealing statements, he immediately realized that she didn't inform her anything about Vincent. He asked her to go to the hospital and to be with Gabi. She refused that Cabi needs her right now, though she is confused and then he promised her that he won't let anything happen to Cami. After a lot of persuasions, she decided to leave there.

Soon, Mrs. Smith, being furious, barged into the station with evidence in her phone, which shows Cami beat the shit out of them, making her injured herself. Robert's eyes widened, but he knew the real reason behind this. After watching that video, he knew why Cami's knees and knuckles were so bruised.

Before cops can file an official complaint, Robert dragged Mrs. Smith and threatened to take the complaint back for one last time. The cocky lady raised her left eyebrow and then, dismissively mentioned: "I don't care how rich you are, I'm not taking my complaint back. You should thank me, that I'm helping you remove that ugly's existence from yours and your wife's life.". She responded with a blank face without showing any remorse and as she was doing a favor on him and Isabella. Her audacity and lack of remorse relating to Cami's existence were outrageous.