Chapter -1Lost & Found

Robert had returned from his business trip. It was a long week away from family for him. It was four in the morning. He, silently, walked into his bedroom. He had not informed his wife of the return, he wanted to surprise her.

He saw his beautiful wife, Isabelle, sleeping on the bed with peace. It was a pleasure to his eyes to see his wife, sleeping like a baby after spending the whole week away.

He took off his clothes and kissed his wife’s head. Isabelle, being a heavy sleeper, she just stirred in her sleep. Robert chuckled at his wife’s innocence. He, gradually, slid down the strap of her nightwear and toyed with her bosom, like a child. He knew that his wife was such a heavy sleeper that even an earthquake could fail to wake her up. He slid his hands in her bottoms and bit her earlobe.

The couple was enjoying the pleasant morning after hours of heavy lovemaking. They were still charmed by the hours of passion and were in a daze. They kept on displaying affection and love for each other. Isabelle was completely awakened and was kissing him, trying to follow his lead. They had made love for two hours straight. Isabelle had lost her energy and was tired. Robert, on the other hand, was ready for the fifth round.

Isabelle realized her husband’s intentions and spoke up, “Robert, we have to stop now. I’m really drained.”

Not minding her words, Robert tried to kiss her when she said, “Baby, stop now. Please, I’m really tired.

Robert replied with a teasing smile, “I don’t think our body is tired.” He chuckled and prepared for another round when there was a bang on the bedroom door. The eyes of the couple balled out of their sockets when they heard a childish voice yelling, “Daddy!!”

The couple looked at each other, horrified and raced to wear their clothes. Robert, in a hurry, had his leg stuck in his trouser. Isabelle giggled, only to receive a glare in return, and walked towards the door. She looked back to confirm he had worn his pants and opened the door.

The bubbly four-year-old, Gabrielle, ran to her father as soon as the door was opened, avoiding her mother completely.

Gabrielle ran towards her father and hugged him.

“Daddy, you said when you will come, you will meet me first. But you didn’t come.” , Said the toddler in her girly voice.

Robert grinned and replied, “I did come, princess. But you were sleeping. So Daddy thought not to wake little princess up. What if she punishes Daddy?”
“Oh, Daddy! You are so stupid. How can I punish you? I love you, Daddy. We do not punish the people we love.”

“I love you too, princess.” And they hugged each other while Isabelle just grinned lovingly at the duo.

******

It was a Sunday morning and Robert had planned to take a leave. While Gabrielle had some other plans like complaining to her father about her mother's various ‘torturous’ parenting methods.

“Your wife acts very differently behind your back. I’m telling you. She is so strict to me. Always keeps on scolding me.”

Robert said, smilingly, at his daughter’s tantrums, “Is that so? I didn’t know she scolds you? Why did my wife scold you, by the way?” He said and laid stress on the words, ‘my wife’.

“For eating cookies.”

“For eating cookies? What are you hiding princess? Tell me the truth. Why did she scold you?”

“I’m telling you the truth Daddy. She scolded me for eating cookies.”

“Yeah, that was the 7th packet of cookies. Didn’t you tell your Daddy about this? Always complaining about me!” Isabelle said, who was carrying a tray along.