Chapter-14 UGLY

Humiliation, betrayal, loneliness, those are the feelings that didn't cross her clouded mind at that time because she was consumed by psychological pain. All she felt hurt by Robert's disheartening gesture. She slowly touched her cheek, where the red imprint of Robert's violent hand was visible. The burning sting on her face was nothing compared to what she felt in her heart. The internal ache was unbearable for her. She was feeling like it was consuming her. It's like a part of her died permanently today. Why couldn't he see the whole truth behind her actions? He wrongfully punished her without giving her the opportunity of expressing herself and her motivations. All she uttered crying was "Daddy".

She looked with wet eyes at Robert, who was comforting Claire, feeling left alone for one more time. She again called out Robert whispering, but she felt like her voice got stuck in her throat. She again whispered with a low voice and full of need "Daddy....", but she was completely ignored.

Keeping her hand on her cheek she moved towards Robert, who was hugging Claire. She patted gently on his shoulder and whispered again "Daddy...". He didn't turn his body towards her direction, but she badly wanted to apologize without knowing how she could sound very convincing about Claire's cursing when Robert clearly showed no interest in listening to her. Robert heard her voice. He can feel the desperation, need, hurt, and pain in her voice where he felt like she is calling him by screaming, but her voice can't be heard even by her, because she felt completely small and insignificant.

He seemed unfazed by her sad reaction. Robert looked at both girls, who messed up with their hair and also noticed scratches on Claire's hands. He glared furiously at Cami, who tried and still tried to touch him, when he pushed her away roughly, making her stumble backward and shouted angrily at her "Don't touch me, Cami. Stay there. Don't come near to us."

He didn't pay attention to the evident efforts of Cami's, because he was ashamed of her behavior, but he didn't even analyze his awful and degrading actions towards Cami, whom he didn't consider as his true daughter. He didn't feel remorse at once this whole time, not even in front of the guests. The guests of the party were the silent observants of this whole ordeal, without uttering anything at all. They paid no attention to Robert's misbehavior because they were not keen on Cami due to the hideous skin color.

Cami instantly flinched. Her heart was beating rapidly, even she could hear her heartbeats. She choked with her tears and was suffocating. She tried to calm herself down by taking a deep breath. After she gained some inner strength, she moved towards Robert, thinking her dad is utterly mad at her and she genuinely wanted to make it up to him. She heard Robert, consoling softly Claire "Claire, stop crying. You bought a gift for me, show me where it is."

No matter what Cami does, he seems unbreakably distant towards her and indifferent to anything she wants to say or try. Claire simply sniffled and nodded her head to Robert.

Cami, listening to the mention of presents, got a little excited and recalled she also bought a gift for her daddy. She believed that she would be forgiven after this without saying anything about Claire's cursing in front of anyone. She looked around and saw her gift in Becca's hands. She quickly took it from her hands and turned around. She grinned, trying to remove the sadness which was written all over her face.

Robert was glaring at her fuming from inside because she looked happy and not regretful when she had clearly created huge chaos most disrespectfully in front of his guests on Father's Day. He exclusively paid attention to her grin and not her red eyes and cheek.

She approached him with shyness, wiping her tears "Daddy, don't be mad at me. See, I'm also not angry at you for shouting at me. It's Ok Daddy. See I bought a gift for you." saying this she forwarded her gift towards him. He looked at her silently lining his face to hers.