Chapter 35

Mother's love is the ultimate fuel, which enables a human being to accomplish the impossible and the unreachable because the maternal figure is the only person, who can take the place of all others, but whose valuable area no one else can replace.

By IoannaTzelepi

Robert looked at Cami's sleeping form and then Isabella, looking at her daughter with regret. She keeps kissing the backside of the palm. Her eyes were watery, as she was stating, "I have hurt her. Right? She won't forgive me. She hates me."

Robert raised his eyebrows, trying to console her. "You are her mother. She can't hate you. She loves you very much. She is hurt. "

Hearing this, Isabella looked at him with a faint smile as she realized his efforts of making her feel better.

Then, Isabella asked him with curiosity, "When did you become so fond of her?"

Robert kindly smiled, looking at her. "I'm not. She is annoying, but I don't hate her, Isabella. I never did. I was scared to hurt her that time also and now too. She expects a lot from me and everyone. I'm petrified that I won't meet her high expectations and that I will hurt her. Unfortunately, I won't be able to fulfil her expectations and don't want her to get hurt. I prefer maintaining a safe distance from her."

Nodding her head in understanding, she wiped her tears. "She must be furious at me, outraged and disappointed. She has every right to be mad at me."

Robert placed his hand on her shoulder in a comfortable manner, "Well, that's what makes us parents. We are also allowed to make mistakes, and the most important thing is if we are ready to rectify it. We can make it". Then he reached out to hold her head and whispered, "Don't overthink it. Think about how you will get her back. Think about how you'll comfort her."

"Next week is her birthday. Planning to throw a big, lavish party. She loves parties." Isabella said and instantly felt Robert getting stiff. Her reason for birth is very painful for Robert.

She hesitantly asked, "Will you ...". Robert released her from his embrace, firmly stating "NO"

After he mentioned that, he crossed his arms. Isabella tried to convince Robert but decided to let it go then. Robert said, "Her birthday is a very heartbreaking moment for me, and if I choose to follow your lead at this point, I might end up being pitiful. I need to confess to you that I don't want to destroy Cami's happy moments, and if I choose to come to her party, I will be obnoxious and agitated".

After this short and honest confession, they noticed Camilla was waking up, and Isabella again got scared to confront her.

She looked at him, their eyes met, and she quickly mentioned, "I'll just go and talk to the doctor." She wanted to vanish in a blink of an eye as she was feeling uncomfortable and remorseful. Robert shook his head and held her hand, reassuring her that he was with her always to have her back.

Cami slowly opened her eyes and checked her hand. Then, she made a fist to check whether it would hurt or not and whispered,' Cool'.

Isabella cleared her throat to get her attention." How are you feeling, my dear?" For a moment, she was afraid of showing affection by using this kind of salutation.

Cami looked at her and turned her face away. She is still mad at her for destroying the last picture of her biological dad.

"Cami...." Robert quickly tried to lighten the situation. After hearing his voice, Cami formed a beautiful smile to him, mentioning, "Cool, I can punch with my hand."

____******____

Robert opened the door of his car for Cami and Isabella. Isabella was sorrowful as she tried to talk to Cami but received one-word answers. Isabella immediately went inside. Robert blocked Cami's way, who looked at him with a frown. He bent to her level. "How long are you going to treat your mother like this? Look, I know you are hurt, but at least you have to admit she is making an effort.".